Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carwash Mike has passed away. Rest well CWM!

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    I only met Mike one time, he pulled me aside & handed me a bottle of blues hogg sauce because I had mentioned on the forum I loved the stuff but couldn't get it where I lived. Mike was a giver, plain and simple, and in many more ways than one, he will be missed, Marc
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I was privileged to be on Mikes team,

P1010170Small.jpg

when he won the Iron Egg Chef. Really gonna miss you dude! -RP

P1010189Small.jpg
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Gonna miss you greatly, my friend! We shared a lot of good times together. You, Joan and I, and whoever we were teamed up with in a golf scramble were undefeated! It was great fun and I'll never tee it up again without thinking of you. Heartbroken, here..........
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    RIP I only knew him through this forum but I did consider him a friend. He certainly was one of the good guys.
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    very sad day RIP CWM
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Dear Heavenly Father,
    Thank you for this day, for all the blessings you have bestowed upon me in my life, my family, my friends, and for the gifts you've granted. Lord, a wonderful man came to see you today, know that he was a kind and generous soul, hold his family close in this time of sorrow and know that he will be missed. Get ready for some friggen ribs Lord, cuz that man has it goin' on!
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Oh dear lord. I don't even know what to say.
  • LoneStarEgg
    LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
    I don't even know what to say. I never got to meet him, but I got a lot of encouragement in my egg beginning and cooking advice from him and his posts. God Speed. I'll miss you.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    I've only been a member of this forum for 6 months, but that has been more than enough time to know that CWM was thought very highly of by his friends and fellow Eggers. This Egger will miss you CWM.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    OH NO, this can not be true. :( :( :(
    Mike may your soul rest in peace and we meet again over the best ribs ever. We are all going to miss you.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Very sad news, he will be missed.
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    It is sad news. I know of another BGE owner who was not a forum member who passed away today also.

Rest in Peace Car Wash Mike
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    I joined this forum more then a decade ago. As I can see from handles most of you dont know who I am.
    I was active here for years, been to many Eggfests across the Land, but slowly turned into present-day reading a few posts once a month --if that.
    Something told me to check tonight, and now I know why:(.
    We started as "enemies" on this forum, but met up for the 1st time at the 1st Omaha Eggfest a few yrs ago and had a blast! That led to sporadic phone calls and countless emails about how we are doing.
    I will NEVER forget that one call call I got from him on how excited he was for the KC CHIEF golf putter I sent him as a gift. I just knew it was worth doing as I discovered he was such a great person!
    I can not express the sadness I am feeling now.
    Mike, I know you are reading this post and I want to say u will be MISSED, and luv ya , man.
    May u rest in peace and will not be forgotten...
    Yours forever Truly,
    Todd(AKA Smokin' Todd)
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    From Tammy and I, our thoughts and prayers go out to Mike's family in this tough time. Mike, you will be missed! I hope you have that rib cooker in the sky fired up and cook up a mess for everyone up there!

-Kevin and Tammy
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • AZRP
    Todd, call me when you get a chance. 520-419-8150. -RP
  • AZRP
    That was what Mike was all about, he would give till it hurt. -RP
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Deeply saddening news. CWM, you will be dearly missed. My condolences to the family, and Rest in Peace, CWM.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Oh no! :( :( :(

RIP, Mike. I hope to see you one day.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I have a feeling that the next few clouds we see in the sky will have a blue hue, and smell of ribs.
  • thebbqguru
    thebbqguru Posts: 12
    A sad day, RIP CarWash Mike.........
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    I joined this forum more then a decade ago. As I can see from handles most of you dont know who I am.
    I was active here for years, been to many Eggfests across the Land, but slowly turned into present-day reading a few posts once a month --if that.
    Something told me to check tonight, and now I know why.
    We started as "enemies" on this forum, but met up for the 1st time at the 1st Omaha Eggfest a few yrs ago and had a blast! That led to sporadic phone calls and countless emails about how we are doing.
    I will NEVER forget that one call call I got from him on how excited he was for the KC CHIEF golf putter I sent him as a gift. I just knew it was worth doing as I discovered he was such a great person!
    I can not express the sadness I am feeling now.
    Mike, I know you are reading this post and I want to say u will be MISSED, and luv ya , man.
    May u rest in peace and will not be forgotten...
    Yours forever Truly,
    Todd(AKA Smokin' Todd)
  • LARGER THAN LIFE

Shock. Disbelief.
    Sadness, deep.

Heartbreak for Nancy MoM.

Proud to be called friend.

You will be remembered often, Littl' Bro
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Let's hope the two of them have met up and are having the ultimate after party. I will pray for both of them and their families.
  • jebbia
    jebbia Posts: 32
    God bless.Another angel in heaven.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I met him in Plano and got to eat his ribs. What a wonderful guy. Here he is sharing a laugh with some of his friends. Clark must have told a good joke.

100_0641.jpg
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Wow...this is shockingly sad news. You'll be missed bud. My thoughts go out to your family.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    :( RIP CWM :(
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Sad to hear the news about Mike. He made me a better cook and I miss him already. He loved cooking ribs and he shared his wisdom without hesitation. A great egghead and a great BBQ chef is gone. He left this world too soon.