Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How NOT to do it...

hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
edited 10:45PM in EggHead Forum
Why I always gotta learn the hard way....

IMG00102.jpg

IMG00181.jpg

IMG00183.jpg

and...

burnt.jpg
·

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    hizzoner....Yeah, that's the pitts, but count your blessings, too. So...you make the hole a little bigger. :) Least nothing burned down. (lemme guess...this happened while cooking those 50 pizzas you had lined up??? ) :ohmy:
    ·
  • hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    It actually happened a couple of weeks ago when I decided to do a good "clean burn"
    ·
  • KnaufKnauf Posts: 337
    Put a set of feet under the egg to raise it higher in the table or get terra cotta plant pot feet in garden dept at Home Depot for about a third the price and they will raise the egg higher.
    ·
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    Don't you just hate it when something like that happens. I won't tell you how to fix it... you already know that.

I've wondered about lining that area with NOMEX though. It would be soft and maybe prevent that happening if the EGG shifted in the hole.
    ·