Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How NOT to do it...

Options
hizzoner
hizzoner Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Why I always gotta learn the hard way....

IMG00102.jpg

IMG00181.jpg

IMG00183.jpg

and...

burnt.jpg

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    hizzoner....Yeah, that's the pitts, but count your blessings, too. So...you make the hole a little bigger. :) Least nothing burned down. (lemme guess...this happened while cooking those 50 pizzas you had lined up??? ) :ohmy:
  • hizzoner
    hizzoner Posts: 182
    Options
    It actually happened a couple of weeks ago when I decided to do a good "clean burn"
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    Put a set of feet under the egg to raise it higher in the table or get terra cotta plant pot feet in garden dept at Home Depot for about a third the price and they will raise the egg higher.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    Don't you just hate it when something like that happens. I won't tell you how to fix it... you already know that.

I've wondered about lining that area with NOMEX though. It would be soft and maybe prevent that happening if the EGG shifted in the hole.