Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT haircuts

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About 10 or 12 years ago, my parents bought a hair cutting device from an infomercial called a Flowbee. They never used it and gave it to me. I have been using it for at least 10 years and haven't been to a barber or salon since. It cuts my hair in less than 2 minutes and does as good a job as I've ever gotten from a barber. I recently bought a new one just in case this one ever dies. Saved me a whole lot of money over the years, just thought I'd share. -RP

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    So YOU are the one that bought a flowbee...I thought that was just a fake commercial, ha. I shave my head and then there is NO issue with the quality of my hair cuts anymore.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    WHAT????!!!! REALLY???!!!

OK, and my mom bought me...wait...I dont even have a clever response....

A Flowbee?!~?!?!!! And cutting your hair!!! Are you lost tonight? I know that the 4th is traditionally saved for that top shelf bottle of bourbon, but starting at 2:00 PM in the afternoon and then spending evening on computer results in the post you left!!!

Love the post!!!!!!!!! In the short time I have been a member, you DEFINITELY win the award for the most obtuse posting that has nothing to do with the egg!!!!! :woohoo: :lol:

Still grinning in Texas....

Dave in Keller, TX
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Ah, the Flowbee. Mom used to cut our hair with one, worked pretty good. I recently bought a Wahl Professional kit at Sally's on sale for $70, comes with the Peanut(Wahl's mini clipper), regular clippers, and all of the attachments for both. I keep them in a bag, along with a cape and some oil. The Peanut works great when fading my 3 year old. It gets a little tricky fading my own in the mirror with a hand held mirror. The Wahl kit has easily paid for itself.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Vincent Chase
    Options
    I had to Google this as I've never heard of it and the whole vacuum-cutting system sounds pretty interesting.

A few of my friends cut their hair and I always admired their bravery. It was mostly fades, with a clip job on top which probably isn't super hard once you've done it a few times, but I don't think I'd be confident enough to ever give it a try.
  • kemosabe421
    Options
    My # 2 son has used the Flowbee for years and loves it.

Kemo
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't thought about the Flowbee in years. All of those commercials from childhood (at least for me). Even further OT . . . does anybody remember these prodcuts?
    The pocket Fisherman
    PrimaryProduct.jpg
    Fix It Tape
    main_offer_01.jpg
    The grill daddy PRO
    gdad402_r12_c3.jpg
    OR The Bark Buster?
    bark_buster_01.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Randy - My SIL has been using one for years

I thought it cut everything the same length and never thought of using one for that reason.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lora cuts my hair. Quality and pain level depends on her mood level and how much of an a** I have been.
    She drew blood on Friday and she was in a good mood. B) Can you send me a link for the Flowbee. :silly:
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AZRP
    Options
    Nope, it has a tapering attachment. -RP
  • AZRP
    Options
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Talked me into it - one on the way.
  • CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    My sister bought a flowbee about 20 years ago and she uses it all the time. She has 3 sons and she cuts their hair and her husbands so she has saved a lot of money over the years. 2 of the boys are married now, but they still come over to let mom "cut" their hair.
  • AZRP
    Options
    It really is a shame that such a great product was lowered to pocket fisherman and mr. microphone status due to hokey commercials. -RP
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Unkept necklines have always been a pet peeve. Alot of dudes let it go, out of sight out of mind I guess??? Everyone knocks a mullet, at least it covers a neglected neckline and it's straight :laugh:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    I haven't been to a barber in 10 years either and I've never even seen a flowbee, except on TV very late at night....and a long time ago.

:)
  • breadbasket
    Options
    Why did you take the pictures away?????