Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question

Options
ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning ya'll,

My post Independence day brisket seems to be stuck at 189degrees, I was going to pull it off at 195.

Also this 13lb'er has only cooked for 16hrs & 45 min. I expected it to take much longer.

Should I give her more time or just pull that sucka off now?

Thanks fellow eggers. Hope ya'll nursin' those hangovers with a little hair of the dog.

Saludos de Austin Tejas,

A

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Patience is a virtue that is REQUIRED for low and slow cooking..

Be Patient...
  • ATX
    Options
    Yes but me so hungy! Kidding aside, you think I should pull at 195 or even 200? WWCWD? (What would Celtic Wolf do?)

Saludos, Amaury
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I would wait till I could twist a fork in the flat easily and make me a sandwich whilst I wanted :lol:
  • ATX
    Options
    Haha. Good advice, have to try that next time. I just pulled 'er off. 195 temp in the thickest part of the flat. 200 in the thin end. I wrapped the thin part of the flat in foil the last 4.5hrs of the cook.

Brisket's wrapped in foil and resting for a half hour now.

Time to make my cider slaw (can't stand mayo) and heat up the Ranch Style beans.

Ahh nothin' like a day off with home cooked BBQ!