Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT haircuts

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 8:09AM in EggHead Forum
About 10 or 12 years ago, my parents bought a hair cutting device from an infomercial called a Flowbee. They never used it and gave it to me. I have been using it for at least 10 years and haven't been to a barber or salon since. It cuts my hair in less than 2 minutes and does as good a job as I've ever gotten from a barber. I recently bought a new one just in case this one ever dies. Saved me a whole lot of money over the years, just thought I'd share. -RP
·

Comments

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    So YOU are the one that bought a flowbee...I thought that was just a fake commercial, ha. I shave my head and then there is NO issue with the quality of my hair cuts anymore.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    WHAT????!!!! REALLY???!!!

OK, and my mom bought me...wait...I dont even have a clever response....

A Flowbee?!~?!?!!! And cutting your hair!!! Are you lost tonight? I know that the 4th is traditionally saved for that top shelf bottle of bourbon, but starting at 2:00 PM in the afternoon and then spending evening on computer results in the post you left!!!

Love the post!!!!!!!!! In the short time I have been a member, you DEFINITELY win the award for the most obtuse posting that has nothing to do with the egg!!!!! :woohoo: :lol:

Still grinning in Texas....

Dave in Keller, TX
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,905
    Ah, the Flowbee. Mom used to cut our hair with one, worked pretty good. I recently bought a Wahl Professional kit at Sally's on sale for $70, comes with the Peanut(Wahl's mini clipper), regular clippers, and all of the attachments for both. I keep them in a bag, along with a cape and some oil. The Peanut works great when fading my 3 year old. It gets a little tricky fading my own in the mirror with a hand held mirror. The Wahl kit has easily paid for itself.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • I had to Google this as I've never heard of it and the whole vacuum-cutting system sounds pretty interesting.

A few of my friends cut their hair and I always admired their bravery. It was mostly fades, with a clip job on top which probably isn't super hard once you've done it a few times, but I don't think I'd be confident enough to ever give it a try.
    ·
  • My # 2 son has used the Flowbee for years and loves it.

Kemo
    ·
  • Wow, I hadn't thought about the Flowbee in years. All of those commercials from childhood (at least for me). Even further OT . . . does anybody remember these prodcuts?
    The pocket Fisherman
    PrimaryProduct.jpg
    Fix It Tape
    main_offer_01.jpg
    The grill daddy PRO
    gdad402_r12_c3.jpg
    OR The Bark Buster?
    bark_buster_01.jpg
    ·
  • Randy - My SIL has been using one for years

I thought it cut everything the same length and never thought of using one for that reason.
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,837
    Lora cuts my hair. Quality and pain level depends on her mood level and how much of an a** I have been.
    She drew blood on Friday and she was in a good mood. B) Can you send me a link for the Flowbee. :silly:
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Nope, it has a tapering attachment. -RP
    ·
    Here ya go. -RP

http://www.flowbee.com/
    ·
  • Talked me into it - one on the way.
    ·
  • My sister bought a flowbee about 20 years ago and she uses it all the time. She has 3 sons and she cuts their hair and her husbands so she has saved a lot of money over the years. 2 of the boys are married now, but they still come over to let mom "cut" their hair.
    ·
    It really is a shame that such a great product was lowered to pocket fisherman and mr. microphone status due to hokey commercials. -RP
    ·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,905
    Unkept necklines have always been a pet peeve. Alot of dudes let it go, out of sight out of mind I guess??? Everyone knocks a mullet, at least it covers a neglected neckline and it's straight :laugh:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    I haven't been to a barber in 10 years either and I've never even seen a flowbee, except on TV very late at night....and a long time ago.

:)
    ·
  • Why did you take the pictures away?????
    ·