Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ONE OF THOSE DAYS or Case of the missing brat!

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Family announces hunger. They announce need for bratwurst. I announce availability. So I go out and fire up the mini (perfect for brats) and pour myself a glass of..whatever that red stuff was. Put on the bratwurst and settle down on the patio to sip and stare. Open up when the smoke becomes intolerable and flip them over. Finish the red stuff and go in the house to grab a plate. Come back, open the mini, and...one of the brats is missing! I mean it is NOT THERE. [p]Now I eye the bassets and they look back at me. Given the height difference of hound to table, I'm thinking naaah. The pig could do it (she's very clever), but she's chewing on some old escarole and quite happy. Goat is not around. Put lid down and open it thinking maybe it will magically reappear. THEN I notice a tiny piece of...something..hanging from the top dome.[p]The thermometer had apparently impaled the bratwurst and when I lifted the lid, carried it up into the dome with it. I made sure that one was eaten first so it couldn't get away. For a minute there I thought I was losing it, really losing it. Stupid sausage anyway. I think I'll have more of that red stuff and call it a day. I hate it when inanimate objects conspire against me![p]Good evening to all![p]mShark

Comments