Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
k2odonne
k2odonne Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to attempt my first brisket tomorrow. What should I know? Temp? Cooking time? Tips?

Comments

• Tennisbum
    Tennisbum Posts: 228
    Options
    Good luck with your first attempt. I have had some that were outstanding and some that were fit for shoe leather, so don't get discouraged.
    Try to maintain temp around 225 if you can. Cooking time can vary but probably will be about 2 hrs per pound. I did one today that was fast getting to 165 but then took 5 hours to get to 185. Remember they will hit a plateau so don't worry. And don't tinker with the egg to get it to burn hotter so it will cook faster, remember this is low and slow. I cook with fat side down and be sure to cook indirect. Visit with playing with fire and smoke for more tips, great site as well as the Naked Whiz. You will see a lot of good info on cooking brisket. Not the easiest thing to do but really good if it turns out right
    Good Luck
    gp