Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New cook...Lasagna rolls

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

EggHatter had a new recipe she wanted to try called "Lasagna Rolls". She prepped it this afternoon and I cooked it when I got home. Here it is ready to go on the Egg settled in at 375...
S062410-01.jpg

Basically it is a "mini" lasagna. Instead of using ground beef for the meat she used a few brats that she cut from the casings, browned up and added to the sauce (not sure of everything in the sauce, don't have the recipe handy). The lasagna noodles are covered with ricotta mixed with spices then rolled up (6 noodles total) and placed on half the meat sauce in the baking dish. Then the rest of the sauce on top and topped with shredded mozzarella (also some shredded Asiago). Here it is ready to come off after about 30 minutes (could have browned the cheese a little more though)...
S062410-02.jpg

Here's my plate with a side view of one of the rolls...
S062410-03.jpg

Using sausage from the Brat was a great added flavor...definitely a "do-over".

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Yummmm!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Niiyce!! Please give EggHatter my compliments. Wish I lived just a teeny bit closer!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Very good. I get to make about 20 lbs of Italian Sausage this weekend. But that might be called sgettti after I get done with it. :)

Mike
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Oh yeah. Those kind of casseroles are wonderful on the Egg.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    jay you just gave me a perfect idea for the next camping trip!!!

have you ever frozen fresh pasta dough?

i have never done them in sheets before i would guess you would do them like you do regular fresh noodles.and freeze them individually. then defrost at the camp site. add filling roll. top with sauce and cheese. egg in a dutch oven (cause thats what i have in the camper. plus t fits on the small).

thanks jay i may try that really soon ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Tell EggHatter that looks and sounds delicious Jay . :P
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks absolutely yummy! Have you made it again since?