Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st cook on the new table!

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had my guys and their families over fer a cookout yesterday. I cooked my favorite----pork ribs (2 slabs) and the typical hamburger/hotdogs. I coated the ribs (1 slab w/ olive oil. and 1 w/ mustard) Bad Byrons Butt Rub and let em sit over night. I got the grill up to 250 and let em cook fer bout 3 hours opening every so often and spraying them w/ apple juice. I then turned the heat down to 200 fer an hour, then wrapped em in foil sprinkled w/ brown sugar and honey. They went back on the grill fer about another hourthen taken off. I left em wrapped while cooking the other stuff. I tried cutting them into singles but quite a few didn't keep the bones :woohoo: Enjoy the pics!!! All the folks that came over enjoyed the new table, although every time something droped on it, I ran and grabbed a rag to wipe it off :pinch: No stains w/ all the sealer I used..... :whistle: :woohoo: Also how do ya'll like my cook chair??? It's a craigslist find, and ifin I can find someone who can change it from blue to green and maye embroider an egg on the inside and EGGHEAD on the back, it'll match a bit better!!! Enjoy the pics!

Daughter's Pig name Stu!!!
DSC05891.jpg
DSC05888.jpg
DSC05889.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Nice looking cook and great looking table...don't drop that pig..LOL

It looks like you have something under the BGE besides BGE feet now...I hope it is a paver stone or something thick enough to not mess up the table...
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    Do you use your egg inside your screened in porch or do you wheel the egg outside when you are using it?
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Roll Tide wrote:
    Do you use your egg inside your screened in porch or do you wheel the egg outside when you are using it?

Too many bugs to wheel it outside.....It stays under the porch in the pool area....I have locks on all 4 wheels so the ledge in the background isn't a problem unless a 300 lb lineman comes over and takes a whack at it!!! :blink:
  • redneck6497
    redneck6497 Posts: 180
    Options
    Sweet setup ... especially the barbers chair!
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Nice looking table. Is that redwood ?

Nice pig too. I take it is going to be just a pet. Right ? ;)
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    EGGARY wrote:
    Nice looking table. Is that redwood ?

Nice pig too. I take it is going to be just a pet. Right ? ;)

Yeah, the pig is my daughters....just egg'n her a bit!

Table is cedar.....