Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feet for EXL BGE

Options
hrman
hrman Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I purchased my EXL BGE I purchased it in a nest. it did not come with the little green feet. I now want to place it in a home built table, setting it on a paver. Will I need to have the feet or can I just place it on the paver. The egg will be totally surrounded, so I do not think that tipping over will be a problem.

Comments

• Ozarkshooter
    Options
    The pavers will work just fine. The reason you didn't get feet with your egg is that BGE does not recommend using them on the XLG. The distance across the bottom of the egg is too far of a span with nothing supporting it in the middle.

Enjoy your egg.
  • Fire Walker
    Fire Walker Posts: 241
    Options
    Just use pavers under egg, the xl dosen't use the little green feet.
    Firewalker
  • hrman
    hrman Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for info, I appreciate your help.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    I went just a little farther and went with half fire brick. Didn't really cost that much more and they will not get hot. I used 8 of them spread across vertical 1x4's 4 inches on center. Strong and even have ventilation.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    hrman, I don't have an extra large egg but I have a large egg and I use fire brick and bge feet. Two in front one in the back. Just speaking from experience at one time I used three or four brick. There was an air gap and I thought all will be fine. Less than six months went by and I got the egg ready to go on a trip. To make a long story short the cypress wood shelf the egg sat on was charcoal burnt where there was no brick. So when I got back I fixed the burned place and got some fire brick and set the egg on that. After some more cooks and posting them on this forum It was strongly suggested to me to place my egg on bge feet then on a paver or solid fire brick. I did so because different ones had pic's showing how the egg almost burned through the shelf on the table...do your self a favor and give this some great thought. Like I said I don't have an extra large egg so I don't know what those folks do about it. Just sayin. Tim :)

Here is my egg in a table.

000_1742.jpg

000_1103.jpg

Check out this post asking to use feet or no feet and scroll down to florida pool man.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=695316&catid=1