Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red potato salad with bacon and blue cheese

Options
smokeydrew
smokeydrew Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A couple of ya'll mentioned you would like this recipe, so here it is:[p]1 1/4 lbs red potatoes
4 strips bacon
1 shallot minced
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 T olive oil
1 T sugar
1 t Dijon Mustard
salt and pepper to taste
2 oz. blue cheese
1/4 cup scallions, bias sliced[p]Slice potatoes 1/4 thick and boil until tender.[p]Saute bacon until crisp and browned.[p]Add shallot to 2 T. of bacon drippings and saute until soft.[p]Stir in vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper and simmer 1 min.[p]Remove from heat and pour onto baking sheet with potatoes. [p]Add bacon, blue cheese, and scallions and toss generously.[p]Serve cold or at room temperature.

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    Thanks...That sounds really good.
    Larry

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    YB,[p]I agree yardboy..... sounds like a meal onto itself..... thanks Drew![p]John

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    smokeydrew,[p]I love potato salad. Thanks for posting the recipe.[p]Paul
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    thanks! Last week I posted a request for any recipes for using these giant 1.5 pound red tators that my neighbors brought from Indiana. To think I can make your recipe with just one tator fits the bill and I can make a salad for them in return!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    I was with you until...
    "Remove from heat and pour onto baking sheet with potatoes. [p]Add bacon, blue cheese, and scallions and toss generously.[p]Pour on to baking sheet? how come?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • smokeydrew
    smokeydrew Posts: 130
    Options
    RRP,
    I just copied the recipe as they had it in the magazine "Cuisine at Home". No real reason to pour onto the baking sheet that I can think of (other than to mess up another dish and make the wife mad).[p]I loved this recipe since I'm not big on mayonaise based potato salad. Hope you enjoy.[p]-smokeydrew

• Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Options
    smokeydrew,
    Awesome sounding recipe.
    Blue Cheese is great stuff.
    I just heard from a friend about a steak fajitas recipe with Blue Cheese.