Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Ranch To Close For A Few Days

Options

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Thanks for thinking of me Mickey,

Yea, I'm sure Linda is thinking "What does a one-legged Chicken look like?" while you're thinking "Man... I hope I don't need new knees anytime soon." LOL

But it's the thought that counts.

Spring "Think'n About Get'n A Cut'n" Chicken
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Leroy, I trust all will go well and you will once again be running around your Chicken Ranch like your head was cut off. :laugh:

Now remember, follow the doctor's orders (I suppose I should have saved my breath).
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Rebecca.

I'm not sure about running around with my head cut off but it would certainly add a new twist to the Chicken Ranch lore...

As for following doctors orders, what if he is the mischievous type and tells me to do something strange, like stand on my head or run around in circles until I get dizzy and pass out or scream out loud “I’ M AN EGGHEAD AND I’M PROUD OF IT!” Ok, well I can do the Egghead thing but not the others. I don’t think Medicare will pay for that….

Spring “I’m An Egghead And I’m Proud Of It” Chicken
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Speedy recovery! & be good or Judy will want to go back to work! :ohmy:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Susan.

Yes, a speedy recovery is exactly what I'm hoping for. Not being able to cook on my Eggs is very troubling.

As for Judy going back to work... She can't, she's got me to take care of. Plus, she's now had a little taste of 'retirement' and likes it.

Heard you had a little medical problem not long ago. Hope you're recovering from it.

Spring "Cut Now Recover Later" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Leroy, If you want to. Wear one gown backwards and one the other way. That way no one has to see what phase the moon is in. :lol:
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    7am operation - 2:00 first walk. They get you up immediately....take the pain pills as needed thats what they are there for....your rehab will be much better if you take the pain meds and do the exercises! Trust me...I have been there. B) Get an exercise bike, used is fine....it will help to loosen your joint and help your rehab. Hope you got a shower seat B) You will do fine....good luck Leroy B)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Haven't thought of that. Thanks...

Spring "Not See Moon Now" Chicken
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    Good Luck with everything Leroy. It did wonders for my Mom and wish you the same.
    From your signature I thought you were gonna really be one legged. Then I read some replys and remembered talking to you about your knee.

All the best. I bet the girls will enjoy their vacation. Who knows what all they'll get into when they know you're not watching :whistle:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    The shower seat appears to be designed for a tub shower. I have a walk-in shower and I think I'll just use my walker to stand up with instead of going through all those difficult and dangerous contortions to get in the tub.

And I do have an exercise bike and tredmill when needed.

I think I've got it pretty much covered. If not I'll figure out something.

Thanks for the advice.

Spring "Let's Get On With It" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Yea, seems like everyone who has it done gets a new lease on life. I'm really looking forward to having a new knee. In fact, two new knees.

Thanks.

Spring "Need Good Knees" Chicken
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I've had close to 15 surgery's in my life two were major trauma 12 plus hours long and some of the others were corrective. I was in a terrible motorcycle accident and died twice that's why I am the way I am and yes I still ride. ;) Tim
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Leroy, Heal quick my friend!! I'll be thinking and praying for you!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good luck Leroy and best wishes for a speedy recovery. From what I hear in a few months you'll be "better" than new. Make sure they only use factory authorized parts so it won't void the warranty :woohoo:
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    You will be doing the "chicken dance" in no time....Godspeed B)
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Best to you, Leroy
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Molly,

You must have read my plan book. Exactly what I want to happen.

Spring "Plan A Is Usually Better Than Plan B" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Dave. Should be a piece 'a cake, at least up 'til I hear someone say "Oooooops!"

Spring "Just Desserts" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Wow! I guess that's why your Big Green Egg handle isn't "Lucky Tim."

I've also had my share of surgeries. So far all of them have been to remove a part or two or add something. This is the first one to remove and replace.

Spring "$987,248.52 Dollar Man" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Let's hope the police don't see me LOL

Spring "Some Dances Should Be Illegal" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    This is a computer generated image of what I will probably look like Thursday morning.

cid_000e01c82f2599775850B3360E93bob.jpg

That certainly doesn't come close to being like new LOL

Thanks Pat.

Spring "Wednesday For The Cut'n Thursday For The Hurt'n" Chicken
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,596
    Options
    All the best Leroy, I guess you are doing one at a time.

Gary
    canuckland
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Gary.

Yes, one at a time. I'm told there are different reasons for it. One is because I'm not in the best of health due to my heart attack, prostate cancer, back surgery and over weight. Another reason is mobility: losing the use of one leg is bad enough but two at the same time virtually gives you no mobility at all. The third reason is infection, which could be a major problem with one leg but two could permanently cripple me. The last reason is simply doctor's choice. Mine does not do both at the same time.

I'm good with it.

Spring "Twice The Fun" Chicken
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 780
    Options
    alyce and i have you in our thought and prayers

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Good luck Spring and wishing you a quick recovery. When your back on your feet life will be sweet.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks.

I'm told it's a cake walk but sometimes there's an "Oops" and sometimes there's an "Uh Oh."

I'm kinda hoping for an "Okay, sew him up."

Spring "I'm Keeping Me In Stitches" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Clay.

Life is sweet now. I just walk with a wobble and groan a lot.

Spring "Sweet Rules" Chicken
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Take care my friend, get well soon. ;)
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    Hi there fellow Texan,

I'm not sure what's going on, but best of luck to you!

Cheers,

-Rezen
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Leroy, Bonnie and I wish you our best. Both times I saw you ,you were funny and a real hoot and a heck of a nice guy. What will you be like with no pain and a couple of new knees? I can't wait to find out. :woohoo: