Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza & Brownies

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made pizza and brownies tonight.

Best Pizza
NY strip with blue cheese, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes,black olives, parmesian and fresh basil was a winner as always. I thought I would try the double pizza stone method as suggested by other forum members. What a complete waste of time, if you have the thick pizza stone from the CGS, it's fine by itself. Stupid egg feet stacked on another stone, what a waste of time.

Brownies.
Made simple brownies in a cast iron pan. Totally worked, nice crust which is nice on brownies. Pretty fun cook all around.

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Sounds like you had a blast.
  • jabinns wrote:
    Sounds like you had a blast.

It was fun. I re-learned the lesson - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The brownies on the egg was surprising it worked. Especially because screwed up the order of ingredients. Oh well, I suppose I got lucky. :)
  • mrdnks
    mrdnks Posts: 67
    Sounds like a great pizza, wish you had pics.
    A little harsh on the stone setup, it works great that way. But I say what ever floats your boat
  • Yeah - I regretted posting that after I did. Unfortunately, as a 'guest' one isn't able to go back and edit posts.

I was just annoyed at my self. I had it working perfect already before just using the thick CGS stone alone raised with the AR (no feet on another stone).

Like I said, if it ain't broke... :)

I'll try to take photos next time. I was really surprised the brownies turned out so well. I like finding things to do with the 'wasted' cool-down heat - like roast some garlic for pasta the next day - or dessert - I'll have to try that pineapple upside down cake everyone talks about.
  • mrdnks
    Well sign up and join the fun :side:
  • mrdnks
    I have not done brownies but I have made a cake and it was the best cake I have ever had. My wife always wants to use that cool down time for desserts but I am watching my mid section so I usually pass :(
  • mrdnks wrote:
    Well sign up and join the fun :side:

You haven't been around long eh? :) I'm not exactly a welcomed addition on this board even though I have provided great support and advice to many members. A few overly sensitive individuals spent a lot of time complaining about their hurt feewings. :(

Think of me more like the person who shows up at the party even though she is not invited. It's more fun this way anyway. B)

Brownies worked so great because of that chewy crust. I should use those pans which increase surface area to get more of it.