Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled South Dakota Rib Eye Steak

Options
KB
KB Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With made from scratch bake beans and grilled corn on the cob with cilantro pesto

4651510512_b979d8f024_b.jpg

Comments

• texasAUtiger
    texasAUtiger Posts: 154
    Options
    Very nice! Everything looks great, but that beautifully colored grilled corn really caught my eye!
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Wow, looks great. Love your plates.
  • KB
    Options
    The corn was so good for this early in the season (the high quality olive oil didn't hurt). Thanks for commenting.
  • KB
    Options
    I use that plate for photos. I normally eat on plastic ones. LOL.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    That is a great looking meal!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :) great pic!
    love the plate, too
    B)
  • larryd
    larryd Posts: 121
    Options
    Great looking meal
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    KB, your steak looks delicious. :) I really like how you plated the meal, the pic looks great wtih corn.
  • KB
    Options
    Thanks for the interest. I cooked everything with direct heat, about 450 to 480 deg F.

Steak: about 4 minutes per side. After I dropped it on the grill, I didn't touch it for the first 4 minutes. About a minute after I flipped it, my remote thermometer signaled that it was done (135 deg) earlier than my instant read thermometer, which was reading about 125 deg once I removed it. I threw it back on to finish the 4 minutes on the second side.

Corn: I peeled back the husk and removed the silk before I threw the corn on the grill. For an initial cooking period, I returned the the husk to cover the kernels. I peeled back the husk a few minutes before it was done cooking so I could impart a grilled flavor. Some of the ears had brown grill marks on the kernels. The cilantro pesto was applied at the dinner table.

Beans: I cooked the beans in a dutch oven. They were still a bit hard after 4 hours. I will start those earlier next time, but the homemade seasonings sure were good: molasses, honey mustard, Sriracha hot sauce, etc.