Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm an "Egghead"!

Mazzdog
Mazzdog Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well i was about a year away from a new gas grill... a few friends have the egg and never stop raving about them... I did some research and brought the evidence needed for a new grill to my wife... without putting up any type of fight said yes right away... allrighty, have to get this quick before she changes her mind... I call up a place my neighbor bought one from on Monday of this past week... Do you have a Large Egg in stock? yes. Can you deliver before Memorial Day Weekend? yes. Can you take payment by phone? "what's your card number?". ummm... Let's do this! So far i have only cooked Turkey Burgers (a staple in the Mazzdog house). and some chicken breasts this afternoon... I got a pork butt (I'm in NC) I'll smoke on Monday. (It's Memorial Day, a day to remember those that gave us the 4th of July, and everyone that has defended that right since).

Have to say... both the burgers and the chicken breasts have come out perfect.. Can't wait to smoke the pork butt..

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Good thing you didn't break the news about how many eggheads have multiple eggs. You can tell her later....

We'll keep it our little secret. In the meantime, Welcome!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Welcome to the club, don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what we're here for. Where are you in NC? -RP
  • Mazzdog
    I live in Raleigh, NC.... (I'm originally from Providence, RI and moved here about 6 years ago)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    You are in good company there, Celtic Wolf and the Naked Whiz live there too. Check out the Whiz's site, its what got me into the Egg. -RP

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Welcome aboard and make sure you take plenty of pictures and post them. You'll get funny looks from the guest when you break out the camera but they will forget all about it when it's chow time ;) .
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Gene,
    Might need another large. Know anyone?
  • Crimsongator
    Maybe, call me!
  • Crimsongator
    ...and don't forget, a true egghead will go to the town of a fellow egghead to find lump on sale before said egghead can't get there first :whistle:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Rolling Egg wrote:
    ...make sure you take plenty of pictures and post them. You'll get funny looks from the guest when you break out the camera...

Guests?! I get funny looks from the guy in the MIRROR when I take pics of the food I cook! :)

Welcome anyway, Mazzdog. Enjoy your new toy!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Don't forget to buy the mini for those romantic cooks for the two of you. A foil pack of mushrooms and wine, filet mignon, and a potato for each of you with sour cream and chives. Then a nice bottle of Cabernet.
    Okay, that's tomorrow's cook for sure. B)
  • texasAUtiger
    texasAUtiger Posts: 154
    Welcome Mazzdog! There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people here who are very open to sharing their experience and know how with you. Jump in and ask as needed!
  • I'm a native north carolinian, tho unfortunately I live in south carolina now. Is that BBQ restaurant, "The Pit" in Ralegh as good as its advanced publicity. And if/when you figure out how to cook legitimate EASTERN North Carolina, vinegar sauce sopped "cue" on the Egg, then let me know!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Mazzdog, Your in the right place. Welcome to the forum and like they said post food pic's. Tim :)
  • Mazzdog
    The Pit is still there... To tell you the truth I haven't gotten down there yet.. A lot of my friends have gone and say it's fantastic though.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I used to live in Raleigh, but I am now in the burbs (Holly Springs), just south of the Capitol City. Welcome to the site!

As far as the pit goes I've heard nothing but great reviews. With 3 kids I haven't found the time to get up there (need a sitter something bad) to try it. Don't go to downtown too often anyways. Did hit Marbles the other day though.

I really like Danny's BBQ. They are in Cary and possibly other locations. One is on Tryon Road near US 1 and the other is on Cary Parkway.
  • Mazzdog
    I have a few friends that live down in Holly Springs.. It is quite a drive to get to there from here so i don't see them as often... One place to try for good BBQ is the "Q Shack"... i have only gone to the one in Durham and it is fantastic. It is considered Texas cue though and not Carolina style. I'm going to try the Pit sometime this summer... Might do a Brewery pub hop and hit the Pit while i'm there.
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    Both of you will never regret your purchase!!!

Tom,
    Dunedin, Fl.