Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin and Beef Tenderloin together

Options
Steve
Steve Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to a threefer this weekend. Smoking a 6 lb beef tenderloin and 4 pound pork tenderloin and then a 3 lb salmon. No problem with the fish, I'll do it after the meat. But I'm going to try to do both the pork and tenderloin together. I'll put a thermometer in each, but my concern is the difference in cooking times. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Jimbo
    Jimbo Posts: 44
    Options
    Steve,[p]All depends on how you like your beef cooked and how scared you are of pork cooked medium.[p]I would to the tenderloin to 125* and the pork to 150*.[p]I would not polder them first and start them at "blast furnace" at 600* or so direct for 3 minutes. Done worry about flipping them. Then nearly shut down your egg and get the temp to 350* before you polder them.[p]Let them egg temp go as low as possible until they are done. The beef should finish 15 minutes earlier then the pork.[p]Jimbo
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Steve,[p]Most of my pork tenderloins only take 30-45 minutes at about 350° dome to reach 145° internal. Are you sure you have tenderloin, or could it be just pork loin? Usually the tenderloins are only 1-2 lbs and come 2 to a package.[p]Beef tenderloin or pork loin I usually cook maybe 15-25 minutes per pound, but let the internal temperature guide you. It really depends on how well done you want the meat to be. I cook beef tenderloin to 125°-130° and let it rest for about 15 - 20 minutes after I take it off the grill. I cook pork loin to 145° internal and let it rest also.[p]With those lean cuts, I always use a polder-type of thermometer so I don't overshoot my goal. I don't usually sear first, but just roast at a dome temp of 325°-350° (as if you were doing it in the oven). You could do it indirect or if you prefer direct cooking, use a raised grid).[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 94
    Options
    QBabe,you are right, it's not a tenderloin. It's a pork loin. Thanks for your help.[p]By the way, I do sear my beef tenderloin and it works really well.[p]Steve