Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Salmon 18-hr. @170*

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC_0026-3.jpg
Started out clean I always use a Turbo Grate
DSC_0027-3.jpg
RO lump with Apple and Cherry wood
DSC_0029-4.jpg
More
DSC_0031-2.jpg
And more
DSC_0033-2.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg
Pit Viper setting
DSC_0035-1.jpg
Putting the MAPP torch to it
DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0038-2.jpg
Platsetter feet up, grid with water pan, and raised grid wiped with Grape Seed Oil
DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg
Everything reading 170*
DSC_0046.jpg
Getting ready for the overnight portion of the cook
DSC_0048.jpg
Pulled @ 18-hrs.
DSC_0051-2.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg
Vary tasty

Thanke for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Ross,
    Let me be the first to tell you how good that looks. Also how expensive those blocks of salmon appear to be. Beautiful job. Now if it tastes as good as it looks, you are in. ;)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Ross looks great, I'm interested to know your oppinion of this method vs the planked alternative TKS
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,470
    Thanks Rich, it tasted great but it need something

Ross
    ·
    Thanks Beli, for smoking I like this. I do not like cedar but alder would be good

Ross
    ·
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Hey Ross, been thinking I havent seen your posts for a while, guess you been traveling. That salmon looks good and my that is one major chunk of fish. If your used to salmon done quicker and a nice glaze, the smoked is way different. I'm not a salmon person, and I have been doing some lately with a nice Hawwian glaze I got found at Albersons. Been getting rave reviews from the younger crowd, strange but true.
    ·
    Thanks Terry, not traveling working. What is wour recipe?

Ross
    ·
  • Big George's BBQBig George's BBQ Posts: 1,152
    Ross that looks incredible
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,305
    Holy Moses that looks great!! Nice job Ross!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Tks George

Ross
    ·
    Tks Molly

Ross
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great post Ross. I'm going to bookmark this cook. Thanks, Tim
    ·
  • lakemeadlakemead Posts: 76
    ross that looks great i think i need the guru and the turbo grate
    ·
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    Looks delicious. I've done this with bluefish before but not salmon yet. Definitely on my list of things to try.
    ·