Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TROOP COOKS

Options
CBBQ
CBBQ Posts: 610
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since Pete is back on the forum with his troop cooks I want to ask anyone who can to help him out. And with this post I'm not talking about the money as much as with getting involved with the cooks. They are one of the most rewarding things you can be involved in. Those men and women actually treat us like we're something special for doing what we do all of the time. Which is cook.
If you want a great experience, not only with the soldiers but also with learning how to cook for large groups it's a great learning experience. It's somewhat of a small eggfest with a gold lining. You usually get together in the afternoon to prep the butts and go over the plans. Then, once the butts are put on it's time to settle in. Some camp on the base. Others, like me prefer a hotel. We've even had officers offer to put us up in their homes. If the weather is good it can resemble a fest afterparty. A few brews and some steaks. The next day it's time to chop up the butts which Pete plays a big hand in while others set things up and cook the chicken, burgers and dogs. The military always gives us people to help out with most of the labor.
So if you can find a couple of days to help out you won't regret it. And NC ain't too shabby either.
Bill

Comments