Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomorrow is the day...

Options
FlyFishNC
FlyFishNC Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
... I pick up my large egg. Wahoo!!! Only been waiting on it for two months. I guess that's the one bad thing about buying a demo at an eggFest. I had to 'reserve' it a couple months in advance. It will be worth the wait. On Sunday, I have plans to cook up some chicken breasts.

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy, you will love it. You are going to be cooking up meats that you thought only BBQ joints could do!! Good Luck! :):)B)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Congrats on your purchase. Love the handle...whereabouts do you fish in NC?

I've recently gotten back into flyfishing after a long absence and am completely absorbed into it here in NE Georgia.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Congratulations on your egg and welcome to the forum. Chicken is a great first cook. Enjoy and have fun. :)
  • sassy-q
    sassy-q Posts: 16
    Options
    Enjoy your cooking, you will never want to eat anywhere else but at home! Cooking on the egg sure spoils you.
  • FlyFishNC
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    Congrats on your purchase. Love the handle...whereabouts do you fish in NC?

I've recently gotten back into flyfishing after a long absence and am completely absorbed into it here in NE Georgia.

I'll fly fish anywhere there's water. :) Mostly though it's in the NC mountains near Asheville, Boone, or Cherokee. I went to school in Banner Elk, NC and fished probably 4 days a week.

A few years ago, I had a great time at the OBX fishing for Blue Fish a mile off shore. They were nailing my Clauser minnow. Last year out there, no such luck.

I've been fly fishing for close to 20 years and it's my favorite thing to do in my free time. I don't normally keep trout, but I may have to start bringing back a few stockers to cook up on the BGE. :)

Fidel, have you ever tied your own flies?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Take pics. Welcome and good luck.

Mike
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Congrats and welcome :)
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Welcome! I will say it in person in a couple of hours :):)
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Winston-Salem? See you there!
    The Naked Whiz
  • FlyFishNC
    Options
    Yup, that's right. Gonna drive up there in a few hours.

See you all there.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. You will love your new demo egg. Be sure to take lots of pic's and post them. :)

There are a lot of hunters and fishermen on this forum i'm sure you will fit right in. Tim
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    FlyFish,

If you do tie your own, let me know if you need any upland bird feathers. I just know that soo many would love to have the carcassas(or maybe just the feathers) we discard in the fall and winter. Waterfowl as well.

From Sandhill Crane to Roughed Grouse ;)

That goes for you too Rod.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Flyfishin,

Welcome!

Tons to learn about cooking on these things so stick around and soak it in. :)

Load up on lump too. :)
  • FlyFishNC
    Options
    Ripnem wrote:
    FlyFish,

If you do tie your own, let me know if you need any upland bird feathers. I just know that soo many would love to have the carcassas(or maybe just the feathers) we discard in the fall and winter. Waterfowl as well.

From Sandhill Crane to Roughed Grouse ;)

That goes for you too Rod.

Adam, thanks for the offer! I do tie my own flies, but it's been a little bit since I've sat at my desk. I could always use some necks of Roughed Grouse and Pheasant. Pheasant tail nymphs are some of my favorite nymphs to fish with down here in NC. The flashback pheasant tail is deadly on most streams.

Eric