Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Survey. how many Bags of Lump

2»

Comments

• BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    Buy 1/2 skid at a time and when it gets to the last few bags I get another one B)

IMG_1355.jpg
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I buy 6 because that's all I can fit in my Mini Cooper.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    why buy so much at one time?? How much do you guys go through in a week or a month? I must be missing out on some great food. You all cooking for your friends and neighbors?? 600lbs or more, WOW~ :huh:
    ·
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    I feel inadequate! In my defense I live less than 5 minutes from my local BGE store which stocks 10lb bags of Ozark Oak. Since I am just a weekend warrior I usually buy two additional bags anytime I get into my next to last bag. So, I probably average about 25lbs on hand.

Freddie
    League City, TX
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Big A,
    If you are referring to my 6 bags, I buy 6 bags because I HATE going to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is where I get Royal Oak, which is what I like.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    I never get below a hundred pounds on hand. When stores run it on sale I stock up. It is not unusual to have 300 pounds in the shed.
    ·
  • KokemanKokeman Posts: 815
    Big A,
    No, I'm just cheap. I stock up when it is on sale. One store will run full circle for 3.99 for 10 pound bags. I buy them out usually.
    ·
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 156
    This is about what I do. I hate going there as well, and my Walmart just started carrying Royal Oak a few months ago. I'll pick up 5-6 at a time and get out of there ASAP! (I really shouldn't complain, because this saves me 50% of what BGE lump costs and around $3.00 per 20 pounds of what Cowboy sells for down here, and I much prefer the RO American over Cowboy.)
    ·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I usually buy 10 ,10lb bags at a time.When I get down to three.I head to Walmart
    ·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 979
    a reserve of lump the wife doesnt know about. ,.. that is great, sounds like the cash reserve I bought the BGE with..
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • Q-rious TomQ-rious Tom Posts: 116
    Well, I'll skew the results for you! B)

As of tonight - I have on hand:

52 bags wicked good weekend warrior (22 lb) 1,144 lbs.
    20 bags royal oak (10 lb) 200 lbs.
    5 bags B&B Oak (20 lb) 100 lbs.

I was starting to hoard the Royal Oak a couple of years ago, because the local wallyworld thinks the grilling season is from May 1 to August 31 - and then I checked on the cost of a pallet of WGWW. 10 days later I had a 60-bag pallet sitting at my employer's receiving dock.

I now have a lifetime supply! :evil:
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    i bought a full pallet of the now rare wicked good competition. blend ... 160 bags.... i have a lot left..... too bad you can't get it any more.... if i knew that i would have bought 2 pallets! that stuff burns like anthracite !.... i get a lot of cooks outta one small bag. rr.... larry....please bring it back! rr
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    gotta love WM
    ·