Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Survey. how many Bags of Lump

2»

Comments

• Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Buy 1/2 skid at a time and when it gets to the last few bags I get another one B)

IMG_1355.jpg
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I buy 6 because that's all I can fit in my Mini Cooper.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    why buy so much at one time?? How much do you guys go through in a week or a month? I must be missing out on some great food. You all cooking for your friends and neighbors?? 600lbs or more, WOW~ :huh:
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    I feel inadequate! In my defense I live less than 5 minutes from my local BGE store which stocks 10lb bags of Ozark Oak. Since I am just a weekend warrior I usually buy two additional bags anytime I get into my next to last bag. So, I probably average about 25lbs on hand.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Big A,
    If you are referring to my 6 bags, I buy 6 bags because I HATE going to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is where I get Royal Oak, which is what I like.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    I never get below a hundred pounds on hand. When stores run it on sale I stock up. It is not unusual to have 300 pounds in the shed.
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Big A,
    No, I'm just cheap. I stock up when it is on sale. One store will run full circle for 3.99 for 10 pound bags. I buy them out usually.
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    This is about what I do. I hate going there as well, and my Walmart just started carrying Royal Oak a few months ago. I'll pick up 5-6 at a time and get out of there ASAP! (I really shouldn't complain, because this saves me 50% of what BGE lump costs and around $3.00 per 20 pounds of what Cowboy sells for down here, and I much prefer the RO American over Cowboy.)
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I usually buy 10 ,10lb bags at a time.When I get down to three.I head to Walmart
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    a reserve of lump the wife doesnt know about. ,.. that is great, sounds like the cash reserve I bought the BGE with..
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Q-rious Tom
    Q-rious Tom Posts: 116
    Well, I'll skew the results for you! B)

As of tonight - I have on hand:

52 bags wicked good weekend warrior (22 lb) 1,144 lbs.
    20 bags royal oak (10 lb) 200 lbs.
    5 bags B&B Oak (20 lb) 100 lbs.

I was starting to hoard the Royal Oak a couple of years ago, because the local wallyworld thinks the grilling season is from May 1 to August 31 - and then I checked on the cost of a pallet of WGWW. 10 days later I had a 60-bag pallet sitting at my employer's receiving dock.

I now have a lifetime supply! :evil:
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    i bought a full pallet of the now rare wicked good competition. blend ... 160 bags.... i have a lot left..... too bad you can't get it any more.... if i knew that i would have bought 2 pallets! that stuff burns like anthracite !.... i get a lot of cooks outta one small bag. rr.... larry....please bring it back! rr
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157