Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Egg-Fest Was A Blast

Options
Mr. Matt
Mr. Matt Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had so much fun at the Austin Egg-fest! I really appreciate all the help and great food from everyone I met. Popcicle, SpringChicken & Hen, PhotoEgg, GrillMaster, Tweety, and so on (beer somewhat erased the names of those I met after 3: sorry!). My buddy from work and I are pretty Gun-Ho about starting an Egg-Fest in San Antonio(he isn't on the forums yet). Any help, advice and participation from anyone is welcomed!

Once again the food was great and the people I met were even better, looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I do believe you guys hung around us most of the day. That was great!! I really thought this crowd of spectators was the most inquisitive and engaged that I have seen at any fest. You both included. Enjoyed sharing techniques and conversations!!
    I'll help where I can, no prob. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    Thanks Molly, are you going to the Plano, TX Egg-Fest?
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    It was great meeting you and sharing some liquid refreshment. I know what you mean about remembering names and faces after 3. Always a lot of great folks at the fest. Good luck on setting up something in SA.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I am so glad you had fun at the Austin Eggfest. It really turned out nice. I know what you mean about remembering the names - so many faces and grins and just happiness all around it becomes a blur even without the beer. I was born in San Antonio and went to Alamo Heights HS so any time I can get back that way I really enjoy it. Looking forward to your fest and the Chicken and I will be there for sure. Good luck with your plans and if we can help in any way give us a holler.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    Thanks so much Judy, your help will be appreciated!