Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My BGE arrived!!!

EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
edited 3:34AM in EggHead Forum
Hello Everyone!

My large BGE arrived Friday and I put it together without any problems. The only problem is the side shelves are on back order. Will there be any problems when I have to undue the main rings to attach the side shelves. I mean since tightened the bolts until they bent will there be any problems trying to loosen the bolts?

Comments

• surveyorsurveyor Posts: 92
    I have never put on side tables but have loosened the bolts when installing a new gasket and there was not a problem
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Thanks for the info. Right now just doing direct cooking. Going to buy firebrick tomorrow for indirect setup. Still need to buy an ash tool and grid grippers.
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    No problems but just make sure you put the plastic spring locks back in before you take it apart. :)
  • Butt SteakButt Steak Posts: 19
    You do need to remove the band to install the shelves. We own a grill store and sell the Egg. It will not be a problem, but don't overtighten.

You may need new hardware. :S
  • EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Thanks that was going to be my next question.
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    You'll be fine and congrats.

Mike
  • jballjball Posts: 63
    I was at the local dealer yesterday and listened in as he described the process to a new owner. Here is what he said.
    "With the lid closed, loosen the bottom band and insert the metal bolts that hold the shelf from the inside of the band and then make sure the band is in the proper position and re-tighten."

Hope this helps.

John
    Hutto,TX