Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pics of temps?

Options
Austin Egger
Austin Egger Posts: 256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off, it was great meeting so many people at the Texas Eggfest! It was my first time to purchase and cook up on an egg. Everything turned out great, but I am still a little confused about the temperature control. As soon as I got the fire going, I closed the lid and nearly closed down the bottom vent and top vent as I was trying to keep it down to 300 to 350. The lowest that I could get it to stay was 400 and it kept on trying to go to 500 at some points. I saw a while back that someone had posted pics of where you need the vents to be for certain temps. Can anyone direct me to that as I can't find it anywhere in the forum? I'm beginning to wonder if I just put to much charcoal in there since I couldn't shut down the vents anymore with out completely closing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to fire it up again today for my first cook away from eggfest. Thanks!

Comments