Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Nights Dinner - Pizza

Options
WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So last night was our first try at pizza on the egg! Like I said before, I ended up buying pre-made dough at the store, pizza sauce, cheese (mix of mozzarella, and provolone), and some pepperoni. Since I am a real carnivore I cooked up some meatballs from the freezer and cut them up into chunks as well. The wife and kid had fun building the pizzas in the kitchen while I worked on getting the egg up to the 550-600 range. Once there, pizza's went on for about 10-15 min till the bottoms were crunch and the tops were nice and melty (I know, my own word). The quote of the night out of my wife was, "These taste like restaurant quality"! God I love this egg. The only thing we need to work on is rolling out the dough. That stuff is really sticky and a PitA! Enjoy the pics:

Two of the pies, just cheese and my meatball and pepperoni:
2010-04-30181704.jpg

Cheese fresh off:
2010-04-30182609.jpg
Was cranking the out:
2010-04-30183417.jpg

Daddies Meat Monster on the egg:
2010-04-30183907.jpg

Meat Monster Fresh Off:
2010-04-30184326.jpg

We even ended up calling the single guy who lives a couple houses down over to help us polish it all off. This might have to become a Friday night tradition in our house.

Comments