Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Keebobs

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Or maybe Heeeeee-bobs!! They were excellent. Here is what I did...give it a try![p]Cut up two country style loin ribs (looked like big bone in pork chops). I cut them into small strips and chunks. Marinated in sesame oil, peanut oil, oyster sauce, chinese black pepper sauce, shallots, lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce and wine. Also a teaspoon each of crushed corriander seeds and telllicherry pepper.[p]Cut up yellow pepper, vidalia onion, and mushrooms and marinated quickly in peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and pepper.[p]Threaded meat and veggies onto skewers, and grilled at 400 direct for about 5 minutes a side. These were AWESOME!! The meat was cooked perfectly, and loaded with flavor. The peppers and onions were oh-so sweet. The meat was nicely charred, but tender and moist inside.[p]Nothing like a huge success after a couple of mediocre experiments. Use whatever marinade you want, but try doing heee bobs with marinated pork and veggies. It's a winner. Heeeee![p]Happy Friday!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Sounds great. I've been thinking about what to do with the pork loins that I have in the freezer, KEEBOBS sound awesome. Cut them up into chunks and they would make great skewered meat. I love vadalia onions also, cant seem to get enough of them and we eat a ton while we can get them.[p]Did you lay them directly on the grill? My sister gave me one of those grill skewer racks that work great. Its a square of metal with little indentations on it where the skewers are laid. Makes it real easy to turn them, rotate them etc., I think it holds 6-8 skewers, pretty handy doohickey. She found one that fits the medium perfectly, cant beat it and not that expensive.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    sprinter,
    Just laid them flat. I used these turkish stainless steel sword style skewers. Flipped once and they were nearly perfect. Moved them around a bit at the end to get them evenly cooked, but overall it was simple and effective!! Next time I might do the peppers and shrooms on seperate skewers, and meat and onions alone. The veggies cook a bit faster than the meat, and the kids don't like black edges! [p]I did one skewer with just meat and onions (ran out of veggies), and it was way cool the way the meat sort of joins together in a little sear party. Ends up looking like the pieces are attached together all along the length of the skewer. Was purty. No film left in the camera though.[p]Happy Hee Bobs!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ