Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking 30lbs of ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys love the BGE. I am attempting to cook 30lbs of pork spare ribs on sunday. I plan to lean them up next to each other. Any sugestions about cooking temp and time to cook. Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    AUBURNTAILGATER,[p]Here is an old thread that you might be interested in:

[ul][li]Chef Wil's lotsa-ribs on the egg[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Gator,
    Instead of leaning them against each other, you might want to try skewers to keep them slightly seperated to allow better heat flow in and around the ribs.[p]Cooking time should not be significantly increased, but allow for an extra hour just in case.

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    AUBURNTAILGATER, I saw on TV where someone had attached the two ends of a rack together with toothpicks to form a circle of ribs that would stand on the big bone end. It was supposed to save space, but I've never tried it and don't know if it is an efficient use of space. Maybe someone else on the forum can shed more light.[p]Oh, and by the way . . . Roll Tide!

• WudEyeDoo
    WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
    Options
    peterN,
    That was a very timely post! I am cooking 6 racks of baby backs right now. I have one of those rib racks that holds 4 and I was trying to lean the other 2 on each side of the rack. These ribs seem to be fatter than normal and it wasn't working very well.[p]I just took them out and skewered them. Much mo betta! Thanks.
    Bob