Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't Stop Now

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I just got back from a workout and it was good. Not totally successful, in that I stalled and will have to drop weight and begin again. But, that is what I will do. Instead of saying, "Well, I guess this is as far as I go." I am committed to blow through this in due time.
The subject line is dual purpose. I was going to write about my stall, which I did, but, also I wanted to encourage each of you to enter into this discussion. What's your challenge? I thought we had a good beginning the other day and I want it to go on from there.
I am interested in an active and lively dialogue, not just talking into the wind. Can you hear me now? I hope that maybe it continues on through the summer. I assume most, if not all of us, have eggs and summer is a busy time. But that doesn't mean we should toss our goals out and wait for winter to set in again. Summer should make it a lot easier to "get movin'". No, you don't HAVE to go to a gym three times a week but what if you figured out an activity to replace a day or two or all three.
Let's say, while you are having fun with family and friends, walking, hiking, bicycling, water skiing, roller blading, whatever, you are also more interested in eating right and healthy to FUEL your body. Everybody agrees that food from the egg is superior to fast food and junk food. One of my downfalls is when I don't prepare ahead. Eating just what is around and available usually spells disaster for me. I need to plan ahead to insure that there is a protein and vegetable or fruit ready to grab and go. The egg makes it easy to cook large quantites of food that is as good cold the next day as the day it was cooked. At the very least it is better that the burger joint down the street.
I am excited to find this forum that addresses two of my hot interests-- eggin' and staying fit. Please join me.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    was surprised fishing burns a fair amount of calories, i plan on doing a bunch of that :laugh: whoever did the chart for ice fishing though never fished with me cause i feel pretty beat up by days end from muscling the auger around the lake. planning on using the oars in my smaller boat more this summer as well for some trolling. heres a chart of activities verse calories burned, im sure most could find something they like to do from it.

http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm

last summer was the first that i didnt climb Mount Chocorua in maybe 25 years, my back went out bigtime for most of last year which makes things really difficult for exercise, this year things are looking good so far
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ms.
    Ms. Posts: 145
    Options
    That's a very inspiring post...
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    Fishlessman,
    Thanks for the chart. I have seen similar ones but nothing so comprehensive. Now I know where to find it for creative ideas on what to do.
    I am pleased to know your back is feeling better. For me, it was problems with the heart rhythms. My chest filled up with fluid and it got harder to breathe. That'll wake you up!!
    Physical challenges that keep you from exercise are very hard to deal with. I know I am glad to being on the road and active again.
    Glad to have your post, my friend.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    I promise to post some less fat-more flavor foods to cook on the egg. (Less is More) ;)
    Keep up the good work.
  • SamFerrise
    Options
    Grilled veggies are good.  Watch the fat and sugar intake.  When you make a chart to keep track of your progress it is easy to see where you need to make a change.  Most people think it is a hassle but it is the only fool proof way to be honest and accurate about what goes in your mouth.  I worked with Dr. Amy Rothberg from University of Michigan Hospital.  She is the Dean of Endocrinology with a specialty in obesity and diabetes.  There were no magic pills or special foods to eat or drink.  Food is a like a drug and we are food junkies.  Its tough sometimes and you need support to succeed.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!