Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Egg Fest Venue Change

slegoace
slegoace Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Oasis Restaurant is going through a major expansion. All the decks we’ve used in the past are gone. The Oasis was doing their best to accommodate us with an event tent in the parking lot. Unfortunately, they have run into a multitude of unanticipated delays reducing their parking by 50%.

The Oasis has graciously arranged for the Eggfest to be moved to the Iguana Grill, a Lakeside Restaurant about 4 miles from the Oasis. The date and times are unchanged. Overall, this will be a good move for us as Instead of being in a parking lot, we are now in a large “waiting” area similar to the old Oasis with a beautiful lake view. We’ll have our own air conditioned room and our own stage area. We’re having entertainment for the kids and music like last year!

I want to thank Kevin Harney, the GM of the Iguana Grill for making this happen on short notice. Kevin and BBQ Outfitters have arranged for free valet parking. We ask that all Eggfest participants use the valet service to ensure Kevin can deal with his parking constraints.

“The Iguana” is located on Highway 620. Here is some distances: 5.7 miles south of BBQ Outfitters, 2.0 miles south of Mansfield Damn, .8 miles south of Hudson Bend Rd. The Iguana is on the west side of 620 (lakeside). The driveway comes up quick so look for the Iguana Sign and Texas Eggfest Banner. The Address is 2900 North 620, Austin, TX 78734, 512-266-VIEW.

We look forward to a wonderful Texas Eggfest in spite of a little adversity!!

Sincerely,

Bob Carroll

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Hey Scott:

Sounds like you landed on your feet. Better make this announcement several times. Got any Eggs in stock? My wife wants to give away another Large to a graduating nephew. This is getting to be a habit!

See you soon.

Mike
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Looks nice enough. Should meet the needs of three or four hundred Eggheads.

Here's the link to The Iguana Grill.

http://www.iguanagrillaustin.com/index.php

Spring "Change Keeps Us On Our Toes" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    From the looks of it we (EGG PEOPLE) are coming out just fine.
    Thanks for all the work ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Looks nice

I noticed on the Texas Eggfest website that the demo eggs come with 1 free cook

registration
  • slegoace
    There are plenty of Eggs left in Stock we just unloaded 100 of them on Friday. Cant wait to see all of ya out there.
  • slegoace
    Yes if you order an Egg and want to cook or just show up and check out the festivities then we are giving a free admission.
  • I'm signed up B)

I was just wondering if you get to take home the "free cook" with the Egg. ;)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Almost doubles the hotel distance but it sure is better than a parking lot. (did not even know we had been pushed to the parking lot)
    Are you packed and ready for OKC?
    I like to prep and have my shopping done ahead of time but the weather is so iffy I'm going to wait and shop in OKC.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Yea, I'm not a big fan of parking lot fests. We got spoiled at The Oasis and now Eggspect nice surroundings. The new place looks good though. I just hope it's big enough. We do take up a bunch of real estate.

As for packing for OKC, I'm in the process as we 'e.'

We're driving so there are many containers to load, much of it not needed for our cook but could come in handy for others. I'm trying to leave room for my 15 bags of lump and any more that I can haul back for anyone else.

Judy managed to get off early Thursday so we're going to drive half way so it won't be so bad on us Friday when we have to check in, shop and Meet, Greet & Eat (or drink a rum or two).

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends. Just hope the rain doesn't sour our party.

Glad to see you are bringing your personal assistant and photographer.

See you in a few days.

Spring "High Eggspectations" Chicken
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I'm not disappointed. The Iguana looks great !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    You know, it might be better.
    If you search for reviews on the Oasis it's hard to find a good one except for the great view. Most of the reviews I found were poor food and bad service and high prices. On the other hand I have not searched reviews on the Iguana.
    See you there Gary.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm pretty cheap Frank!! :laugh: :laugh: :silly: ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Seeing & meeting EGG Friends was my first priority in deciding to come...a nice LakeView was second, Think this place allows for both see you there amigos!!
    Thank you for telling us in advance & making the changes, to tell the truth I don't think many of us would have been happy having the Fest in a parking lot. :(
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Oooh la la, looks very nice Leroy. Thanks for the link !! See you in a few days!!! :)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Thanks Bob!! Looks like we're ending with a much nicer place. I look forward to meeting you. :)