Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffe Makers Question

Options
PapaHarley
PapaHarley Posts: 17
edited November -1 in Off Topic
My coffee maker exploded (Don't ask). I know there are a lot of coffee experts here. I need a new maker, don't want to spend a ton, but I want a good cup of coffee. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    I just had to replace mine after several years of using a Hamilton Beach, I tried a new version of the one I was using and I HATE it. The old one worked great, had it for years. The new one holds the same volume but the actual holding tank is much wider and shorter. The reservoir you pour it into is now so much smaller because they made the tank bigger, that you can't pout water in it without making a mess. You also can't look at the window to see how much coffee is left, you just cant see through the thing. The only thing I do like about it is that it has more vertical clearance under the "tap" for a taller insulated travel mug, guess they achieved this by making the tank shorter but fatter. SO I definitely do not recommend this model.

The one I bought is
    47665_hero.jpgMODEL: 47665
    The one I had was
    47214_hero.jpgMODEL: 47214

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/coffee-and-espresso-makers-brewstation-coffeemakers.html
  • PapaHarley
    Options
    Oh yeah, that's right, push me over the edge. I've been thinking about getting one anyway. The more I look the more I want. :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    You can't beat the price of a French Press. Mine was $8, and works wonderfully. Whole coffee beans are a little more expensive than budget grocery store brands, but well worth it. Pressed Coffee is awesome.!!
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Being one who roast their own bean and owns one of the best coffee brewers made, I would have to ask, what beans or coffee do you use everyday. From that you can get a $10 mr coffee or a $275 Technivorm brewer like I have.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    you might be on to something, im happy with a can of chock fullonuts columbian and my inexpensive coleman perc :laugh: course you need a good stove the heat it up

c8d8fbfd.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Big Papa
    Big Papa Posts: 220
    Options
    www.technivorm.com

Hands dowm brews the best coffee ever.

300.00 but well worth the price and checking it out