Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boy re: Maple salmon

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried your maple salmon tonight. Didn't have any dizzy pig rub, but I substituted something I hoped was close.

Turned out really good, I thought.

My wife said it was "absolutely delicious."

My 8 year old daughter said "I am in heaven, this is the best dinner I have ever had."

My 3 year old daughter didn't touch it and demanded macaroni and cheese.

To steal and improve upon Meatloaf's song; 3 out of 4 ain't bad

We will be ordering some DP Raging River for my next shot at it.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks for the report, and glad you and most of the family enjoyed! Would love to hear what you think when you get the rub and try it.

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JCO
    JCO Posts: 49
    Options
    The first time I made this I only had a sample of the Dizzy Pig rub, so we ended up having a taste test with DP and Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic. The response from the whole family was about the same as yours; everyone loved it, even our one picky eater. As far as the rubs went, in general everyone liked Paul's a little better. It seemed to have a little bit more of a kick. I've made this again, and it always turns out great.
  • MileHighMatt
    Options
    Wait until you get the Raging River, one of the best salmon dishes I have ever made!!