Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a good BBQ prep table, any thoughts?

Options
Mud Pig
Mud Pig Posts: 489
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The title says it all. Does anyone know of a good BBQ prep table that I could buy? I'd like one with a cutting board inlay, some shelves under the table and some hooks for hanging my grill tools.

I would normally consider buying a table that I can sit the XL BGE that I have on order in, but I intend to keep the XL BGE in the shed when I'm not using it so a table would make it to wide to fit through the door.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    not aware of any for purchase but check out the table forum. and , as always, for all things egg, check out the naked whiz lots of table pics there. most build their own or use a comercially available stainless table as a start..
    good luck post pics of your final product.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    if the cutting board inlay is wood i think it wont hold up outdoors, it may warp split etc
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Our Nicky
    Our Nicky Posts: 44
    Options
    I use a 30" x 48" stainless steel table that I bought from a scrap dealer who handles used restaurant equipment. It had no top. I paid $2 a pound for the table - it worked out to $82. I got a 1" thick HDPE top through the Internet - I can find the source if you're interested for $185 delivered.

The table is rock solid with slots for knives at the back. I found out about the scrap dealer from a friend who has a restaurant. Also check out restaurant equipment auction notices in the local newspaper.

It's great to be able to slap a whole brisket or loin and work on the table without concerns about the size of a cutting board.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I have bought 2 ss tables at Sams
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I've been looking at craigslist today and will keep my eye out for something.