Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pineapple head sweet potatoes

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cube up sweetpotatoes, toss em in EVOO, sprinkle em good with dizzy pig pineapple head rub. . .layer em on pan. ...roast em indirect at 425 for about 35 - 40 minutes (or until fork tender).. .you may have to toss em around once. ...

thats it .. . easy peasy. . .they taste fantastic!!!!!

add some cubed up apples to them, also sprinkled with the PH rub. .. even better!!! . ..one of our favorite veggie dishes now. ...

Comments

• Our Nicky
    Our Nicky Posts: 44
    Options
    Max, sounds really tasty, but not having any dizzy pig pineapple head rub to hand, do you think tossing the cubes in pineapple juice and EVOO would work?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    no, would not be the same....idea is to season the taters....toss evoo. . . got any raging river? . .that's also a good one. . . if not, simply go with some cinammon and sugar and some allspice and maybe a little cayanne pepper for a little heat. ..
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    thats the only dp rub i dont have....someday :) i eat those sweet potato fries all summer at camp. we make the wedge style frys, oil salt pepper, need some pineapple dp. can i still put ketchup on em
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    man, you GOT to get some PH rub. ..its one of my new faves!!! ...i put it on fruit, it is unbelievable on the sweetpotatoes and apples. ..and i absolutely love it on turkey thighs and wings!!!. ..oh, and sprinkle of it on vanilla ice cream is to die for (the spawn taught me that one)!!!!

oh yea, you can still eat your sweet tater fries with ketchup i guess. . . LOL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i always order enough to last a year to two, he must not have had it ready back in the last order. looks like ill be ordering soon though. watch me miss his next latest greatest rub :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    That does sound mighty tastie Max.

And I was just thinking I need to try something with Pianapple head rub!!

Thanks
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Been doing the same Max but in slabs. Haven't added apples yet - sounds like a good addition. Might through a few raisins in with the apples as well.

IMG_0667800x600.jpg

Cubing and making the sweet taters and apples the same size seems like a better plan - thanks.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    yeah frank. .. good stuff!! ...make the apple cubes about 25% bigger than the sweet tater cubes though as they cook faster. ..i swear.. .these are the best damn sweet taters EVER...i used to eat sweet taters once a year at thanksgiving.. .now we are eating them almost as often as regular spuds. .. .thanks to chris!!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    go for it damon!! . .that and roasted turkey wingets dusted with PH. . .yummy!!!
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Max,

Thanks for recipe and sharing. I just started buying Sweet Taaters last night. Great timing.
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Hey Max! Empress-Queen Julie loves sweet potatoes. I'll give these a shot this weekend. Thanks!
    Brian
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    and on a peach half with butter in the pit cavity....and on burgers....and on pineapple of course.....and mango......

that was my spearmintin

I sliced the sweet taters and grilled direct for all of the above.