Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What did you pay for your large?

azbbguy
azbbguy Posts: 191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My brother just bought a house, and his birthday is coming, so i have decided to get him a large BGE as a gift.

I am curious to hear what everyone paid for their Large. Please list what was included if you got some sort of package deal(ie. Platesetter, nest).

I just want to have some idea what a "good deal" is.

Thanks-

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I think it varies throughout the country. Maybe because of shipping costs.

The normal retail in Houston Texas is $749.50. I bought mine for $600 (20% discount) because the hardware store was having a "winter sale".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• In the northern suburbs of Chicago, a large is about $925 or so for just the barebones egg. Adding the platesetters, nests, etc... bumps it to around $975.

That's why I'm waiting to buy a demo at an Eggfest. :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I paid $599 for mine at the "Home Depot Expo Design Center", who was being shut down by their big Orange Daddy. It came with a nest and mates.
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    15 months ago I paid a little over $800(inclusive of tax)for a large, plate setter and nest
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    LBGE
    Nest
    3 Tier Rack
    2 composite shelves

699.00 + tax

I thought I got a good deal. It was all put together and bought it as a show special.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    1. Large BGE
    2. nest
    3. eggmate
    4. lump
    5. fire starter
    6. plate setter
    7. pizza stone
    8. ash tool
    9. grill gripper

I am probably leaving some eggcessories out. The drive out price (including assembly and exhorbitant local sales tax) was right at a grand.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • I'm in Northern Virginia and just bought mine on Saturday.
    I paid $844.99 and got the following in a package deal:
    - Large Big Green Egg
    - Nest
    - Vinyl Cover
    - Egg Mates
    - This cost included the assembly.
    I bought the plate setter for an additional $45.99

Good luck!
  • Di
    Di Posts: 395
    $650.00 for LBGE, delivery and set-up.

No accessories included.
  • dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Hi, Denver/Boulder, CO area:
    $579 for Large
    Nothing else include, except assembly.
    Purchased after Denver Eggfest, last Sept.
  • I have NO idea what a price would be today....
    Three years ago though, I got my "Lg. Egg only: was $550.
    I thought that was pretty good!
  • Preflopit
    Preflopit Posts: 15
    It depends on where you live. Where do you live?
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    I bought mine for $750 at Ace Hardware and another $15,000 for the outdoor kitchen I built around it.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Eggspert wrote:
    I bought mine for $750 at Ace Hardware and another $15,000 for the outdoor kitchen I built around it.
    I think when it's all said and done the egg will be the cheapest part of my outdoor space. I already have dreams of adding living space to enhance the egg...lol
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    LBGE
    Platesetter
    ash tool
    grill gripper
    cypress table (5 foot or so)
    bag of coals
    $950.00 otd almost two years ago
  • Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Got my large a little over a month ago. Package included:

LBGE
    Nest
    20# BGE Lump
    Grill Gripper
    Fire starters

Total price, including tax, $848.
  • I got my large for $599 +tax at Berrings in Houston,TX. Skihorn donated his old nest and eggmates as long as I promised to give them a good home. Thanks again, skihorn!
  • Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Got mine for $200 at a yard sale down the street. Came with a table & platesetter. And he delivered it and set it on my deck.

img0717p.jpg
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Plumbr44
    Plumbr44 Posts: 212
    i bought mine last year.
    BGE
    nest
    sack-o lump
    starters
    platesetter
    assembled
    ash tool

I think that was about it, I also got a card that allows me unlimited bags of lump for 18.00

770.00 plus tax
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    $15,750! Best, and perhaps most realistic, answer yet! :lol:

Mine, last August...
    Large
    plate setter
    pizza stone
    CI grid
    Nest
    Ash tool
    Starter cubes
    2 bags BGE lump
    1 bag Hickory chunks
    Brass grid brush
    $819

If I had it to do again (and I probably do), I'd wait for a fest.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    You are hereby banned from the forum! :lol:

Dayum, that's a great deal!!!!!!!!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Northarrow
    Funny thing was that I was on my bicycle when I saw it. I told the fella that I was going to get the wife to come over to take a look. At that moment two cars screeched to a halt on a beeline to it. I fought them off as I wrote out a check. At the end of the day when he delivered it, he told me people were stopping all day long offering double what he was asking. He was downsizing because his family was all moved away. But he still had three others in the garage. :)
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Carolina Q
    You carry a checkbook when u go for a bike ride? I'm lucky if I remember my cell!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Northarrow
    I always keep a check in my bike bag...just in case.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    You need to swing back by and kiss him in the mouth! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Just put one in mine too. Never even thought of that, but ya never know. Thanks!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 427sohc
    427sohc Posts: 21
    LBGE
    nest
    mates
    bag o' lump
    starter cubes
    grill gripper
    ash tool
    cover
    $810+ tax in southeast Mass.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    LBGE
    Nest
    Platesetter
    Ash tool
    Mates
    20# Bag of Royal Oak
    Delivery and set-up
    $950.00 five years ago

Thought I was out of my mind to pay so much for a "Grill" Boy, was I wrong!
    Worth twice the price.
    Actually it's dealer service that's worth more than just the cost. He deserves a decent profit.
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Here are some posted prices from the Sunshine State Eggfest. The vendor was offering 10% off for the fest; I don't know if that 10% was already calculated in the posted prices.

Nice gift for your bro.

http://uglydog.smugmug.com/Other/31310-Eggfest/11593989_EzzLA#817030003_fpGC4
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I got my large at the Denverfest in 2008 $650 came assembled, platesetter, nest and side tables. Also both tops.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE