Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Thing I ever Ate: "Egged Food"

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The FN show got me thinking about the best Egged food I ever ate.

What is your favorite?

For me it is Paella, which was a combined effort of Fidel and Dr. Zaius at Vidalia1's house last summer/fall. A close second is the Grilled Cheese sammy's at the 2009 Eggtoberfest Afterparty by "12 Step".

Of course there are too many fantastic ones to list, but those are 2 of my favorites.

Comments

• sireggsalot
    Options
    Ohhhh Sammy's I'm firing up my grill now.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    My 3rd cook, babybacks with DP Tsunami Spin. Best ribs we ever ate. Gave a couple to the next door neighbors and a week later they had an Egg as well.

And sweet potatoes. Just plain, Egg-baked, sweet potatoes with a little butter and sea salt.

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    I think Baby Backs with Carnivore
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    Options
    can you share teh recipe/cook for that/
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    slab ribs rubbed with Weber Tangy Bbq seasoning and mopped with Sweet Spirit BBQ Sauce
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Best Appetizer...Maine Egg's Lobster Dip

Meat...CWM Rib's & eenie meenie's Korean short ribs

Dessert...tie Spawn's Brownies & T Rex's Ginger Snap Cookies

Chinese..my Szechuan Pork

Interesting side note...all of those things were cooked at Eggfests..

oh and hottest thing...EgginDawgs Jerk Fiery Shrimp served at my house 2 yrs ago....
    :blink: :pinch: :ohmy:
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    Okay, I have to cheat a little on this one because there are three things that are pretty much tied.

First, pulled pork enchiladas in green sauce. Here is the link:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=832395&catid=1#

Second would be the stuffed peppers I made for Superbowl Sunday. They were vegetarian, but that did not detract at all from the yumminess.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=821899&catid=1#

Third, I would have to say that rack of pork is now far and away my favorite way to eat chops, BB ribs, loin, and whatever else comes from that part of the pig.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=815474&catid=1#

Just about everything else I have cooked has been good, but these three were really good. I am anxious to try other folks' cooks at a fest. I am sure the fest food will beat my humble attempts by a mile.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    tuna steaks if it were my last cook and i would want it to be bluefin tuna. im not much into eating fish but that one really stands out for me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    So many but a few of the things that got me hooked.
    All from the 2006 Texas Eggfest.

Celtic Wolf Breakfast.
    Brought me back from near death by "rum" the night before.
    CelticBreakfast.jpg

Eggs al la Chubby and his lovely wife.
    DSC00048eggmushham.jpg

Lamb Pops. My very first one. Now one of the joys of life.
    IMG_1172.jpg

ABT's are still one of the foods that any guest will love. No matter how many you make, they are always gone.
    IMG_4428.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Dave in So Cal
    Options
    What is the prep for the lamb pops? I did a search for "lamb pops" and came up with nothing. Is it a sweet rub? Please let me know; I would like to get some lamb on the egg soon. Thanks. ;)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Wow, the Eggs ala Chubby look fantastic.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    thats one of the old favorite cooks, its a good one if you havent tried it, they get all crispy on the edges

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=314189
    fukahwee maine

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Just a little Dizzy Pig steak seasoning for me most of the time. It's a hot fast cook and your ready for a treat.

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesLambChops.html

Hive them a try.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I would have to agree that Paella,which I have made for 15 years and when I did it on the egg the flavor just popped!!
    IMG_0516.jpg
    A close second are Lobster and shrimp
    005-1.jpg
    004-31.jpg
    Third would be a good steak w/ the fixins
    042.jpg

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    They are super good. Breakfast foods are very over looked on the Egg. I'm not a big breakfast person myself...except the morning after the "after party".
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I could not find it offhand.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    All of those look great. I purchased a Paella pan but still have not cooked yet. More scared of messing it up.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Darian it is pretty hard to mess it up too bad,just keep the moisture in it and you should be fine.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I bought an egg after a friend cooked me a T-Rex steak on his. I continue to be amazed at how great a dinner I can make myself from a $5 12oz. Sam's Club choice grade NY Strip, and a baked potato on the egg.

I really don't ever use my stove anymore, everything is better on the egg!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    they seem to have made a pretty big comeback over the last half decade or so, everyones catching them now, even right of the shore late august, never seen that until the last few years. now i think they should just let newenglanders eat them :laugh: pretty sure expanding the offshore territory pushing the japanese boats away from the coast was the big problem, i used to watch them right out in front of the house and thats wasnt right
    fukahwee maine

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I dunno...

your "Signifigant Other" seemed to do ok with that box of Cherios!!

LOL!!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Yea...you were her "munchy king daddy" that night...
    The things you do when your wife is not around. LOL
    I'll be watching you in OKC this year.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    Those shrimp were kinda special, weren't they Kim. :woohoo: I don't think Ginnie will EVER let me forget it. See you tonight- save me a slice!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Kim...You forgot Christmas, Easter, and the 4th of July. Plus the 3 dozen other holidays you bankers get! :laugh: :silly:
    Brian
  • fishlessman
    Options
    this is more devistating than me eating a bluefin caught offshore in front of my property, why is it bad to eat a fish caught by me in my home waters but the UN wildlife folks say its ok to export said fish. anyways fisheries are cyclical, ive seen fisheries collapse and rebuild themselves over the years many times, bait fish collapse as big fish rebound and vice versa, you can even watch it in small lakes, one decade the trout rebuild, the next they completely collapse, then things turn around, and its not something that is slow to happen, its quick

UN rejects export ban on Atlantic bluefin tuna

28 mins ago
    DOHA, Qatar – A proposal to ban the export of Atlantic bluefin tuna prized in sushi has been rejected by a U.N. wildlife meeting.
    Thursday's decision occurred after Japan, Canada and scores of poor nations opposed the measure on the grounds that it would devastate fishing economies.
    Monaco introduced the proposal at the 175-nation Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species, or CITES. It argued that extreme measures are necessary because the stocks have fallen by 75 percent and current managing agencies have done nothing to rebuild the stocks.
    Only the United States, Norway and Kenya supported the proposal outright. The European Union asked that implementation be delayed until May 2011 to give authorities to respond to concerns about overfishing.
    THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
    fukahwee maine

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    For me it's got to be a Fillet Mignon or a nice T/bone/Porterhouse.

I also had done a spaghetti sauce about 4 years ago in a D.O., got it from the forum but tweaked it a bit as I'm not a garlic lover. I think I cooked it for like 6 hours or so. It was Great, hmmmmmm, will have to try and find the paper work.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • BrisketBob
    BrisketBob Posts: 145
    Options
    Trexed New York Strips--charred, medium rare--killer!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    YEP,12STEP's grilled cheese was "OFF THE HOOK"
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    My Loin Back Ribs are awfully good, but I haven't done a brisket in a long time, and remember the last one fondly.... That's a tough question for people that cook on an Egg !-)