Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas EggFest Questions

Options
Mr. Matt
Mr. Matt Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A buddy from work and I are planning on attending The Eggfest on May 1 in Austin. We are not cooking just spectating. What should we expect, should we bring our own beverages / snacks? Will there be vendors there selling Eggcessories? Is there a cover charge? Is there an area for my kids to play / stay entertained? My wife thinks I'm a dork, it might be because I keep telling her that I'm EGGcited :huh: !!!

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Click on the Eggfest banner (above) and you should get all your questions answered. You absolutely don't need any snacks and beverages will be available but if there is something different/special you like to drink - bring it. Cover charge is $30 for non cooks. Call the number on the web page and register.

You may want to look at the links on the webpage - pics and videos from last year - very nice.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Glad to hear that you are coming to the Texas Eggfest. You and your friend will have a good time. And if it's anything like last year, your children will have a good time too.

As a non-cook you will have the advantage of roaming around sampling food from those who are cooking. Don't be bashful: ask questions about the recipe and Egg setup or anything else you would like to know. We Eggheads love to share and talk about our Eggsperiences.

As for bringing something to eat or drink, you will be fine without it. You will be issued two beer tickets and if you want more you can purchase it from The Oasis. They actually set up a fully stocked bar near us last year. I like the convenience of doing it that way rather than struggling with bottles of rum and coke and ice and cups, etc. The prices aren't bad either.

There's more than enough room to sit and relax. They will probably have some Big Green Egg classes too. You can learn a lot by attending the classes.

Later in the day there will be door prizes so hang around. You could go home with a trinket or two or even a Big Green Egg.

If you want to see some of what went on last year check out my blog site and click on the YouTube links.

http://texasspringchicken.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html

Look me up. I would love to meet you.

Spring "Nothing Like A Little Eggfest To Start Your Day" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Come hungry and stay all day. This is a pic from last year.
    Mr Matt what city are you in?
    tx1.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GoonSlapper
    GoonSlapper Posts: 106
    Options
    I was going to post the same exact question. Thanks for the info.

I found out that I'll be in Austin that weekend for an event on Sunday, so I should have a free saturday. So, what better way to spend it than at the eggfest.

Just a follow up question, do we need to register ahead of time, or can we show up and pay at the door?
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Here's the details:

http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/-c-133.html

See you there.

Spring "Fester In Waiting" Chicken
  • Manfred
    Manfred Posts: 186
    Options
    I have called BBQ outfitters already and ask the same question. They might have some stuff there. The store is only a mile or two away from the fest. So you can stop on the way in or on the way out.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Manfred welcome to the cult. Glad to see the numbers coming up in the area. I work in Killeen and AlwaysGolf
    lives in Harker Heights and works out of the country just now but will be back in June.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• sent my brother from dallas this link i think he may bring the familydown tocehck it out

ps any t shirts?
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    I tend to read posts by you, Naked Wiz, and GG quite a bit. I find you guys have a lot of good advise for us newbies! I look forward to meeting with you!
  • Mr. Matt
    Options
    Thanks for all the info I look forward to seeing you all there!