Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

watching tv on the computer

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I was looking around for a place to watch the oscars streaming on my computer and came across a couple sites

http://isoftwaretvdownloads.com/ is one

where you pay a one-time fee ($40 or $50) and then can watch 'satellite tv' on your computer. Anyone use either of these services? I don't know if they're come-ons or the real deal or what.

Thanks,
Gwen

Comments

• that site is associated with a payment website listed on the web as known for
    "Phishing / Scam
    Fraudulent payment processing center used for many rogue software vendors"

hulu.com is one of many free legitimate on-line television on-demand sites. i believe they have subscription options too.

your site sounds a little too good to be true, and, as always.... it usually is
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My desktop computer has a TV card and I use it to record certain shows that I may want to keep for future use. I can record it directly to the computer or to a DVD and save it. Comes in handy when I need to record a show that I want to edit only a small piece from.

My cable hooks directly into the computer.

You can purchase a TV card and install it yourself for about $30. Mine uses Windows Media Center to select, record and play what I want. I can also reduce the size of the TV window and keep reading Forum posts or run spread sheets on the side if I want. Nice feature to have and doesn't cost me anything extra.

Spring "TV'd To Death" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I did not go much further into it as I figured even if it was legit, there was no guarantee that they were streaming the oscars. Esp since it seems that abc went to great pains to make sure no one was streaming it!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Spring. If we ever get cable, I'll look into that - it sounds nifty!
  • should have gone to fishless' house. he has a big oscar party every year. ;):whistle:
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Well, dang, I did not get my engraved invitation in the mail. Maybe I'll get one next year...