Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Local club is having a draw for a Harley

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sold a few tickets to some Eggheads and they asked why i had not posted on here for others to see and maybe support a very good cause! I am part of a french club called The Richelieu , it is an international club actually found in my parts of the world but mostly in Canada and the United States. Our club we support anything that aims for kids! So here in our town we built all the parks and also maintain them.One of our largest involvement is at Christmas we give groceries and new gifts to 252 families with kids.In these groceries we give a turkey,bread,milk,canned food,pasta,sauces,turnips,cabbage,carrots....the estimated cost of the groceries we give is way over 55000.00. Also when a kid is sick we provide a little relief to the families involved when necessary.We have given 150 000 to the new civic center in 2009,and in the past have donated 60 000 to the local pool and
75 000 to the amphitheater.

As a way to raise some funds we have a yearly draw for a Harley Davidson and some cash prizes as well.There is 999 tickets to be sold ,and the tickets are 60 dollars. If any one should be interested in supporting a real good cause by purchasing a ticket, please email me and i will mail out a ticket to you. The draw is April 24 th 2010.

A big thanks to those that have already purchased a ticket! :)

My email is mikeb6109@msn.com

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mike,

Thanks for the reminder. I have to send you a cheque.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Very cool, Mike.
    I used to do volunteer cooks at Harley Drawing Parties for the Shriners. Folks would pay $100 for a steak dinner with open bar and live music, along with entry in drawing.
    Your cause sounds like a great one. Good luck to you and your friends.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Steve i am not worried and again thanks for the support.
    Headed to my parents for supper,is i am not too late i will call you
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    u got mail. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE