Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey, just got back, what's cooking this weekend?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got back from the state that has around 10,000 lakes or so I think.
What is everyone cooking this weekend other than the tradional ribs, burgers, brats, ect?
I looking at trying my first stuffed flank steak or lamb ribs.
Thanks,[p]CWM

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Just finished smoking some garlic sausage.[p]Now I'm getting a Boston Butt ready to put on about midnight for a pot luck dinner we're going to tomorrow.[p]Ahh, two larges do come in handy. One is cleaned and loaded with fresh lump and the other is burning a clean cycle.[p]Cheers from the back yard (wireless is cool)[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Well, we've got some of the traditional stuff going for a party on Sunday...[p]Ribs
    Pulled Pork
    Wicked Grinning Chicken Thighs
    Brats in Beer & Onions
    Homemade BBQ Sauce
    Hot German Potato Salad
    Coleslaw
    Baked Beans
    Spinich Salad
    Deviled Eggs
    Three-Bean Salad
    Banana Pudding
    Lemon Pound Cake with Fresh Fruit & Yogurt Topping
    Sweet Iced Tea
    Various Sodas
    and of course, Beer![p]Tomorrow we'll be getting the house ready for Sunday's party and in the afternoon, we've got a graduation to go to, so it'll be a quick meal when we get back. Some cajun catfish fillets with cheese grits and green beans.[p]Happy Memorial Day!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Two larges do come in handy. Have a great weekend.[p]Beers from the backyard,[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    QBabe,
    Is that Lemon Pound Cake recipe called Gooie (sp) Cake by chance?
    My wife makes that a lot and it disappears.[p]CWM

• Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Options
    QBabe,
    I know we've all gotten into the habit of thinking of this weekend as the start to summer and all, but....a "Happy" Memorial Day? I think Ken Stone said it best when he wished everyone a "thoughtful" Memorial Day.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    QBabe,[p]Wow. Can I come over to your house? I promise to bring a healthy appetite and some inane banter.[p]I'll probably end up cooking tomorrow then definitely on Sunday. I may be doing some ribs tomorrow for my older bro and sis-in-law. Sunday will be my typical weekend drink/cook/eat too much fest.[p]Heeee,
    Cornfed

• QBabe
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Nope, it's just Lemon Pound Cake, and is actually a new recipe I'm trying out. Believe it or not, it's in the lastest issue of Cooking Light magazine and sure didn't sound like "light" food, LOL![p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Rib-Rob,[p]I should have expanded my closing to "Happy Memorial Day Weekend" which would have hopefully made my meaning a little more clear. Of course Memorial Day is meant to pay tribute to our fallen soldiers and I meant no disrespect. But, as you said, it's also a holiday weekend and a time for family gatherings and a celebration of life. [p]Tonia

• QBabe
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Find a way down here and you're welcome any time we're having a party![p]Tonia

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I am having a party this weekend so last week I cooked 20lbs of pork and Sunday we have 36lbs of top round going on for sliced beef sammiches....yum...yum....Page

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    PG,
    Does that top round come out moist. I've been looking for a cut of beef to make sammiches.[p]CWM

• Rib-Rob
    Rib-Rob Posts: 66
    Options
    QBabe,
    Fair enough.

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Yes it comes out very moist. I cook until the center of the roast is 125-132.....that way the outer edges are a bit more done for those that like it that way.If you go to Wess' website he has a documentary of the way I cook pit beef...as it is called around here. WESSB.com In the cooks and recipes section under pit beef......Page