Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gonna do chicken wings tonight, whats you favorite

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
way of doing them? Thanks to all.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    if you want something a little out of the ordinary, this recipe is very good. .. its is high in sugar content though with the duck and hosin sauces, so you have to turn them often to keep them from charring (or you could do them on an elevated grid to get them away from the fire. . .[p]MANDARIN WINGS[p]5 pounds of wings split
    2 jars hosin sauce
    1 jar duck sauce
    1 jar sweet and sour sauce
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    about a tablespoon of sesame oil
    chinese chile oil to taste
    ginger to taste
    bunch of scalions fine chopped
    mix it all up, let the wings marinade as long as you want[p]i originally heated up the egg to about 300 degrees dome temp, but found that a little too hot. . .ended up doing them for about 1 1/2 hours at around 230 dome temp, and they came out
    excellent. . .except for a couple partially charred from the initial high temp, they came out great, just tossed them around on the grate a couple of times to make sure they stayed even,
    and they were most excellent.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    These are GREAT.
    Larry

[ul][li]Chicken Wings[/ul]
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I like to cook them direct over a medium fire (say about 350-ish) after they have been rubbed down with Gates Spicey rub (they are down in the KC area, I always stock up when I am down there). I flip them every five or ten minutes so that they don't burn on the bottom until they are done. [p]It's quick and simple and always makes for great results.
    Matt.

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]Here's our favorite...[p]Grilled Chile Wings[p]1 cup pineapple juice
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, finely chopped
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    24 chicken wings (I cut mine into 2 pieces)
    Salt and freshly ground pepper [p]Combine all ingredients except the wings in a small saucepan and let boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a large bowl and cool. Add chicken wings to the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (preferably overnight). Put on the Egg direct at 325-350 until done (30-40 minutes, approx). I usually use some hickory as well....

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    Chef Wil, I like two simple versions: WA-WA WINGS or
    Sprinkled with Jamaican Firewalk & done 300F directly, turning every 10 minutes.

[ul][li]WA-WA Wings[/ul]
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I like mine kinda sweet.[p]I marinate for several hours in: [p]brown sugar about 1/2 cup
    catsup about 4 tbs.
    soy sauce about 4 oz.
    worchestershire about 4 oz.
    salad mustard about 2 tbs.
    balsamic vinegar about 4 oz.
    crushed red chili about 1 tbs.[p]As you can see, this is a very precise recipe. For the Texas Egg Fest I'm going to add some of the sauce out of the canned chipotle chilis.[p]I cook them on an elevated grill and brush them every so often with more of the marinade. Temp. 275 - 325 plus or minus. I told you it was very precise.[p]Lagniappes,[p]Mike

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Chef Wil, havent tried this in the egg yet, but a locall smoke house near me smokes the wings with a cajon rub at a low temp,recoats and deep fries until skin starts to crisp. very good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    08_12_0012_16_01.jpg
    <p />Chef Wil, minor variation on ChefRD's - I make frequently.[p]
    [ul][li]Hot Wings[/ul]