Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dem Loins!

Options
Lanier Jim
Lanier Jim Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a few nice pork loins today - rubbed them down with some cajun seasoning - dropped them on the CI at 425 to start...cooled Scooby down to 325 after both sides were seared and let them roast for another hour.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Young Chef Dave wanted to try something...no pics but it was pretty awesome. He got some Smuckers Sugar Free Maple Syrup and we covered the loins and let it bake on for about 15 minutes. Cut it on the bias and enjoyed a little heat with a sweet taste at the same time...moist and tender. As I said - pretty awesome taste.

Added a whole steamed cauliflower with some EVOO, butter, and some cajun seasoning on it...included some fresh beans and wheat rolls - ate for 2 hours and now I'm laid out in the manchair about to pass out. :) You've got to try this - of course, most of you probably already have.

LJ

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Jimmy how many people do you feed?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lanier Jim
    Options
    5 - 3 guys - 2 gals...plus leftovers for the oldest one the next day. He commutes to class and lives in his own apartment downstairs. Hell, I can't even get in his place unless I go outside and mosey down the decks...then knock on the door! :laugh: Dang - I wish I had that setup when I was in school.

LJ
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Great lookin cook there Jim. Keep at it.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Lanier Jim wrote:
    5 - 3 guys - 2 gals...plus leftovers for the oldest one the next day. He commutes to class and lives in his own apartment downstairs. Hell, I can't even get in his place unless I go outside and mosey down the decks...then knock on the door! :laugh: Dang - I wish I had that setup when I was in school.

LJ

You keep cookin up good stuff and I am going to start hanging out there as well.. :woohoo: :woohoo: :P
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Memphistide
    Options
    I am a new egg owner, but have been a smoker for a long time. Can you tell me how you raised your grate like that...I like it