Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mid Atlantic weather report

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Apparently mother nature aint done with us yet....

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR 8 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW. THERE IS
A GOOD LIKELIHOOD OF SNOW IN EXCESS OF 10 INCHES.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    What you don't have enough already? -RP
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Wess:

Better thee than me! :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like a good time to visit your dad...if you could get a flight out! :cheer: :cheer:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• hee hee haaaa haaa hooo.
    get some more crown and hunker down, wess.

seriously, my wife is disappointed all the storms have gone south of us this year. that doesn't help you i guess...
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    YUCK!!! :( Sorry to hear that.We unexpectedly got 5-6 inches here last nite and it crippled EVERYTHING! :laugh:
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Yep! We're supposed to get 6 inches here in the mid-west tonight and then send it your way.
  • truckinsst
    Options
    Think how bad it would be if we didn't have global warming.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    We will soon hit 70 days straight of having 4" or more of snow on the ground. Right now we have 6 or more and we just got 4" today and another 4 on the way. So very likely we can go 90-100+ days easily with all that snow. It becomes very depressing. Some schools here have more than 10 days of school to make up.

Sure we will have a huge flood once it melts.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Wess,

Too Wierd,
    We are supposed to get 5 cm from the same system...2 inches. El Nino :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WessB
    Options
    They just upped it..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
    WINTER STORM WARNING FOR...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY
    TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN
    EFFECT.

* ACCUMULATIONS...10 TO 20 INCHES.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    It's my understanding that y'all pay extra for that kind of weather. You pay - you get. We obviously don't pay the surcharge and are therefore snow free. Well except for that one little blizzard that came through around Christmas.

Meanwhile I'm washing out the T-shirt and shorts I wore today while working in the yard.

And you my cold-loving friend will soon see the effects of Global Warming as the July sun slowly melts all that snow.

Yes, you can come stay with us until then, assuming you can get out of there.

hahahahahahahahaha...Rub it in Rub it in....

Spring "There's a Reason I Live Down Here And Not Up There" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    Options
    I haven't been home from BWI since Friday. NOOOOOOOOOOO :angry:
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    They just upped it..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
    WINTER STORM WARNING FOR...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TUESDAY
    TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN
    EFFECT.

This, my friends, just plain sucks. Kids have been home since Friday and schools are canceled for Tue and weds now. When the snow is too deep for the little ones to go out, they go nuts.... Cabin fever. My wife went to the store today and they were out of meat and I am going out of my mind.

REDRUM
    REDRUM
  • WessB
    Options
    I feel your pain my friend...we grabbed a couple of things from shoppers today, seemed like a pretty good amount of stuff in the store..the roads were way worse than I figured they should have been by now..but I understand what those road crews are going through...be safe...
  • WessB
    Options
    Bet BWI is a lonely place bout now also...the paycheck aughta be sweet...but most likely not worth the effort in comparison....saw that dulles had a couple of hangars collapse.....be safe..
  • WessB
    Options
    Thanks Leroy..would love to wait this out hangin in the coop...but you're right..aint no gettin out now..
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Wess, hope I don't get you in trouble again regarding weather related posts, but I would truly appreciate your posting more pics tomorrow to keep us updated. You sure are getting blasted.

I suppose there really could be such a thing as too much snow if you down have a mountain to put it on. :lol:
  • WessB
    Options
    Trust me...it is gettin OLD....will get pics to verify it happened..LOL..sposed to be NOT wet..meaning "light" to shovel...and windy...kinda weird..pretty much everything is shut down around here..and there's a lot of stuff here...
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
  • WessB
    Options
    No changes though...

902 AM EST TUE FEB 9 2010

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM
    EST WEDNESDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM
    EST WEDNESDAY.

* TIMING...EARLY TO MID AFTERNOON TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

* TEMPERATURES...TEMPERATURES NEAR FREEZING AT THE ONSET THIS
    AFTERNOON. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP INTO THE UPPER 20S TONIGHT AND
    WEDNESDAY.

* WINDS...LIGHT SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS TODAY BECOMING NORTHWESTERLY
    15 TO 25 MPH WEDNESDAY.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Rebecca,

Yeah and they are helo lifting snow into Whistler for the skiing events.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    With the 8" today/tomorrow we'll still be only halfway to what DC got over the weekend....and folks around here act like it is the end of the world and we live in Florida not Ohio LOL
  • sew quik
    Options
    I will try and post my first picture now of the weather here in Maryland.

If the picture link works, this is my partially completed swim up bar after the 30" of snow, with 10-20" more on the way tonight....those pointy things are the seats of the swim up bar with snow piled on them.

My dream kitchen with hopefully 2 Eggs will be built on the far side of the swim up bar.

[/img]HPIM1772.jpg[img size=150][/img]
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 63
    Options
    Heck Wess, we just got power this morning at 7AM - it went out 7 PM on Friday (84 hours total) when there was only 3 inches on the ground from the last storm. I'm looking forward for another 20 inches . . . :laugh:
  • WessB
    Options
    That definately sucks...until you've experienced loosing power for any length of time you never realise how much we all take it for granted...not seeing anything here yet..maybe..just maybe..they got this one wrong...still a lot of activity to the west of us though....Be safe..