Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steel table

Options
thegrillster
thegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Has anyone made a steel table? Not stainless but just steel.

I am taking a welding class and have access to lots of scrap steel.

I am thinking of projects to do for the outside cooking area. A table is one of the ideas. I am wondering how one keeps steel from rusting? Powdercoating would be pretty expensive for large pieces.

Comments

• G Fitz
    G Fitz Posts: 16
    Options
    When I was looking to build my table I came across this one. I think it is made by a company in Texas. I went with a different one (see earlier post) but I still think about building one of these. Good luck with your table.
    steelframe3.jpg

steelframe1.jpg
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Thegrillster,
    Powder coating is definitely the way to go with steel that is outdoors.
    Although it's not cheap,if you plan on keeping the table for a long time, it's money very well spent.
    Compared to painting, which will not last near as long as a properly prepared (sandblasted, degreased) powder coating, it will be the way to go.
    Compare prices with various places, do your homework, and you'll be happy with it for a very long time.
    My .02 cents...