Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGTOBERFEST ???????

Options
FIREMANJOHN
FIREMANJOHN Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anybody heard when it will be work we have to get our vacation request in. We went to it last year and had a blast we cooked in it and we would like to do it again. :)

Comments

• BigGreenDon
    Options
    Not sure....but heard rumors that they may move it to someplace like Stone Mountain so they could make it BIGGER!!!!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I don't know if they could tell you anything but maybe if you give them a call and give them your cell phone number for a call back. Try to reach Bruce Bohanon. Tim

We cooked there last year as well! Great times were had by all! :woohoo:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It is usually held the 3rd Saturday in October.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Wow...January? This has to be a new record. Usually these questions don't start popping up until late Spring.

FGG is correct, it has traditionally been the 3rd weekend in October. There have been some pretty strong rumors about changing the location which may or may not affect the dates. You could put in for time off the 3rd weekend of October and cross your fingers, then trade time off with someone if they happen to change it.
  • Plumbr44
    Plumbr44 Posts: 212
    Options
    If a location change is coming, I vote for RRP's house, LOL.... At least it's closer to Rockford. I'm stuck in college in Oct.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    :laugh: what did I do to deserve that? :laugh:

OTOH I could bribe you to install a new water softner while you were here! BTW I forgot to get over to Farm & Fleet so I missed that recent sale, but will catch the next one!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Plumbr44
    Plumbr44 Posts: 212
    Options
    Good to hear that, Ron.. I was just funning anyways.

Matt the plumber
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Options
    I heard that it was going to be at AMS(atlanta Motor Speedway)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    we still doing the fest for the birthday boy again this year???

i will bring more cherries... and maybe we can coat some in chocolate.. if i can find some plain ms then we can get a whole big batch going :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Only if it is next Friday
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    If I do it again this year you aren't allowed to show up so early. You made me drink too much beer.

I told you we shouldn't have tapped that keg at 3:00.
  • BENTE
    Options
    happy birthday to you next friday :laugh:

but this guy i know around atlanta has a b day right around eggtoberfest ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crimsongator
    Options
  • BENTE
    Options
    well i had a 4 hour drive to your house so it was not like i planned it.. but i did let you know!! and i was not the first one there :whistle: :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    you know how i do gene :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crimsongator
    Options
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Terry,

How many are they expecting in Atlanta this year? Shhh.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    Options
    i have no idea but i think there will be a few canadians. at least judging from last year.. so the keg may need to be increased :S

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb