Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DP Crisis? and Guru Back in Action

Dan in StLDan in StL Posts: 246
edited 5:21PM in EggHead Forum
I'm gonna do a butt tonight and I noticed that my Dizzy Dust is somehow missing in action :angry: . Nobody sells it locally here as far as I know. I have some Tsunami Spin on hand and I'm gonna give that a try. Anyone here been there and done that? Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking another shot at using my my CyberQII. My first run at it was a bit of a flop (big time temp overrun and other problems). The Guru mothership determined there was a problem with the controller and sent me a brand new one.

Thanks,
Dan
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,384
    I've never used anything on a butt except this. One of these days, maybe, but I do like this homebrew...

1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Dan in StL, Let us know how it all worked out. The CyberQ II and the rub you use. Tim
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Dan,
    St Louis Home Fires at 15053 Manchester Rd carries the DP rubs. They do have the Dizzy Dust in stock. The store is in Ballwin right in front of Target.
    ·
  • I was just going to post the same note. I purchased my DP rubs there about a week or two ago.
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    They do? That must be new! I usually go there to discover that they are still out of JH Pecan. :pinch:
    ·
  • Went there and got some! It was funny, within minutes. . . wait, probably seconds of me posting, I had an email from Natureboy informing me about the store in Balwin. You can tell he doesn't wanna lose any bidness!

I was disappointed in the butt selection at Sam's today, but I think I'm all set to go.

Thanks all,

Dan
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I think I snagged the last decent package last night, Dan. They had three in the case, and two were oddballs.

I gotta start stocking up at Home Fires again.
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    You get points for going to a Sam's on a Saturday.
    ·
  • Tsunami on a butt works pretty well. That's what I usually use.
    ·
  • Sam's was NUTS today, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now my biggest concern is the weather. I pulled my Egg/Table under the deck. I had spread a large tarp out over the deck this afternoon before the rain. It keeps most of the cooking area dry, but it's less than ideal conditions.

My butt's been slathered and rubbed. (A decade or two ago that would have taken on an entirely differetnt context.) I'm getting the CyberQII set up and re-tested. Hopefully can get things going, get a decent night's sleep, and enjoy some great pulled pork tomorrow while I watch football.
    ·