Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP Crisis? and Guru Back in Action

Options
Dan in StL
Dan in StL Posts: 254
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm gonna do a butt tonight and I noticed that my Dizzy Dust is somehow missing in action :angry: . Nobody sells it locally here as far as I know. I have some Tsunami Spin on hand and I'm gonna give that a try. Anyone here been there and done that? Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm looking forward to taking another shot at using my my CyberQII. My first run at it was a bit of a flop (big time temp overrun and other problems). The Guru mothership determined there was a problem with the controller and sent me a brand new one.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never used anything on a butt except this. One of these days, maybe, but I do like this homebrew...

1 tablespoon salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Dan in StL, Let us know how it all worked out. The CyberQ II and the rub you use. Tim
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Dan,
    St Louis Home Fires at 15053 Manchester Rd carries the DP rubs. They do have the Dizzy Dust in stock. The store is in Ballwin right in front of Target.
  • arizonawildcat
    Options
    I was just going to post the same note. I purchased my DP rubs there about a week or two ago.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    They do? That must be new! I usually go there to discover that they are still out of JH Pecan. :pinch:
  • Dan in StL
    Options
    Went there and got some! It was funny, within minutes. . . wait, probably seconds of me posting, I had an email from Natureboy informing me about the store in Balwin. You can tell he doesn't wanna lose any bidness!

I was disappointed in the butt selection at Sam's today, but I think I'm all set to go.

Thanks all,

Dan
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I think I snagged the last decent package last night, Dan. They had three in the case, and two were oddballs.

I gotta start stocking up at Home Fires again.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    You get points for going to a Sam's on a Saturday.
  • HungryNephew
    Options
    Tsunami on a butt works pretty well. That's what I usually use.
  • Dan in StL
    Options
    Sam's was NUTS today, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now my biggest concern is the weather. I pulled my Egg/Table under the deck. I had spread a large tarp out over the deck this afternoon before the rain. It keeps most of the cooking area dry, but it's less than ideal conditions.

My butt's been slathered and rubbed. (A decade or two ago that would have taken on an entirely differetnt context.) I'm getting the CyberQII set up and re-tested. Hopefully can get things going, get a decent night's sleep, and enjoy some great pulled pork tomorrow while I watch football.