Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP Dizzy Dust or BBBR for BBQ Chicken?

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the consensus here? I love them both, and I use BBBR for my BBQ Pork, but I have just recently got some Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust. I was also just informed that I will be cooking tomorrow for company, and I will be doing a kabob involving BBQ Chicken......so I was curious....what is each of y'alls opinions between the two? I will most likely use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce too, if that plays into your opinions at all.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    SBR's ?I would use DP Tsunami Spin if you have it,if not,Cavender's and Lemon Pepper with a touch of Hungarian Paprika and Cayanne.I despise SBR's,it tastes like brown sugar,honey,molasses,and a packet of ketchup.Use a real Q sauce.Sumthin spicey and tangy.You ain't servin dessert! ;)
  • SmokinParrotHead
    Options
    Hoss, what BBQ sauce do you recommend?
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I like a savory sauce,like Carnivore Robust.I just do not like sweet sauce,however some people like sweet,just NOT me!I would prefer a Chain store spicey to SBR's.You could even split it up,1/2 sweet for people that like that,and 1/2 spicey.It's your cook,your call.Add a little variety! ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Hoss I like to mix Carnivore and Sweet Baby Ray Honey 50/50.
    Found this as I was real low on one of them and had to mix.
    Now do it all the time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Misippi Egger
    Options
    DP Shaking the Tree is a great Chicken rub - Lemon Pepper with a little kick.

The wifey likes Pineapple Head on hers.

Sauce - Carnivore Robust, of course !
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Could it be I have a different BBBR than everyone else? I think it has a lot of pepper in it. More than I like. I have also heard people say it was to salty for them and I never tasted the saltiness in it. Or do you think I need to mix it in the container better maybe all the other stuff has settled toward the bottom.

I'm just talking about the BBBR. I haven't tried the others yet. I got all this for Christmas.

000_1471.jpg
  • Jersey Doug
    Options
    I use Shakin' the Tree on chicken when I am not saucing it. I use Dizzy Dust when it's also going to get some BBQ sauce. Carnivore Sweet is the favorite here. (It's nowhere near as sweet at Sweet Baby Ray.)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I'll second the Shakin' the Tree on poultry. Excellent rub for that. I used it on some chicken kebabs a couple of days ago and the family raved about them.