Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker

Options
Rhino
Rhino Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone who ordered a stoker in the last month or 2 actually received theirs? I ordered online on December 31st and have been charged for it, but haven't received any updates. I have tried to email him twice with no response.

I read on another forum, that someone who ordered a week after me has received a shipping code. He said he had called a few times to inquire. I'm not happy if that is the way their business works. I guess starting tomorrow I will start calling and pestering the stoker people if that is what it takes to get my order filled.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

There is a post earlier today where someone said they got their shipping confirmation.

I remember when I ordered mine, some 2 years ago now, there was a delay due to Rocky not having probes.

Delays are frustrating indeed, but, it is worth the wait.

GG
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    Grandpas Grub, I just want to thank you for all of your post and Info you share with us new egg owners.. You are what this site is all about.. again Thank You for your time.

Fat Mike
  • Plumbr44
    Plumbr44 Posts: 212
    Options
    Rhino: I called my order into John and my card was debited on January 12, 2010. That was about a week after I spoke to him. I've e-mailed him twice so far because when I log onto Account Manager, it still shows no order history, but I have stopped getting replies. I know he depends on other suppliers, but an answer to a simple concern is expected. Not to sound like Clinton, but.. "I feel your pain".... I hope we all get them soon
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Charging your card without shipping the product is beyond the pale, IMO. Businesses are not exempt from acting ethically just because they sell barbecue-related products, nor should they be given infinite latitude in being excused for incompetent business practices.

Since you used a credit card, I'd let the company know that their lack of response and delivery by a certain date will cause you to back your charges out and cancel your order.
  • Lightnin' Bolt
    Options
    I just received my Stoker in the mail today.I too had difficulty getting any information from Rock's BBQ. All I can say is hang in there... it will come.
  • GoKooL
    GoKooL Posts: 32
    Options
    I sent what I thought was a polite email to their contact address, requesting a general estimation on a delivery time and commenting that there has been a lot of bad press on the forum that could be cleared up with some communication...haven't heard back yet.
  • tjl5709
    tjl5709 Posts: 76
    Options
    Ordered mine on 12/21. Got it today.

Called them yesterday to ask about adding something to the order. It had already gone out. Sounded like they were sending out a bunch this week.
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    Be nice to be on that list!!!!
  • Rhino
    Options
    I just got an email today from John stating that my Stoker has been shipped!!!!! :woohoo:
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Ordered online on Jan 7.

Sent first inquiry email yesterday just before midnight, received John's apology email early this afternoon, explaining the back order situation (I was fully aware of this when I placed the order). He hopes to ship in two weeks.
    canuckland
  • Plumbr44
    Options
    We have received your order for a Basic System PLus 2 with a BGE adapter. We are currently out of stock and on back order for the 5cfm blowers and the Stokers. We hope these will be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks. We apologize for this delay and any inconvenience. Please give us a call if there are any questions.
  • Rhino
    Options
    It just arrived in todays mail. Trying to get it setup with a wireless bridge right now.
  • tsheehan7
    Options
    Looks like a year later, things haven't changed much. I can't complain too much because the website plainly said "ships in 2-3 weeks" when I ordered, so as long as it gets here 2-3 weeks from 12/9/2010, I shouldn't complain.

I emailed two days ago to get an estimated delivery date. It's the holidays and I have family coming in and I'm trying to plan my low and slows. Two days later I've got no response.

Again, I can't say they're not doing what they said they'd do, but I can say that I'm unimpressed with customer service so far. And my card has indeed been charged.