Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT THANK YOU MASSACHUSETTS!

Large Marge
Large Marge Posts: 404
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I take back all the bad things I said about New England. Y'all rule! Thanks for delivering the message!!

Comments

• and now the Democrats are beginning to wonder who's next!

Gee, Maybe we should get Obama to stump for all of the democratic candidates. Hehehehehe :evil:
  • Let's see what they do about certifying and seating Brown.

I heard on the radio this am that when Kennedy first took office, he was seated the day after the election, as was the current guy who took Kennedy's vacated position last year.
  • Hamilton
    Hamilton Posts: 115
    U.S.S. Obama takes a major torpedo hit - a torpedo full of teabags. :lol:
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    And I have lost all respect for New England voters. Maybe your post is best for the OT Forum, so we can talk cooking on the Egg here. You are entitled to your opinions, as I am to mine, but that is what the Other Topic Forum is for. I come here for cooking debates, not politics.
    Thanks.
  • well unless any republican can quote me a strict interpretation of the US constitution that 41 votes can prevent legislation from being passed, I still say its a huge democrat majority - I mean, the pubs would not abandon this principal for politics, would they?
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    wow, someones brisket got burnt....YA HOOOOOOO..Maybe this is the "change" we been hearing about
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I have no dog in this hunt.The post was CLEARLY marked O.T.,I would think that oughtta be a "head's up" this post ain't about cookin.Just sayin! :)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Where ya been Joe? Lets do that pizza party soon.
  • Basscat
    So maybe ought to go on the OT Forum. Just Sayin'....
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I'd agree, as much as I concur with Marge.
  • If you were on here telling all the other OT posters that their posts should be on the OT forum your post would be valid. Your candidate lost tonight. It happens. We took a beating last November, it happens. Tomorrow the sun will rise, and life will go on.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Basscat,

We only got an OT forum recently. It was at the request of one guy. Now we have like six OT forums and I feel it detracts from the overall flow of the forum. BTW I am Canadian and have no horse in this race.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Poster's preference.No Forum police here! :) They have the option. :)
  • Basscat
    I am far from Mass., I have no candidate to vote for. Politics is what the OT Forum was created for. My ribs Sunday were the best damn ribs ever, that's what I expect to argue about here. Rubbed with garlic olive oil, DP Dizzy Dust, half salt free and half original, 5 hours at 240 - 270, 2.5 pound loin backs, indirect. Sauced with Head Country Sauce for the last 30 Minutes. Just trying to bring things on topic...
    ;-)
  • From that state or not, the first line in your original response tells me you were concerned over the outcome of the election tonight. That's cool, I am sure many of us were, I was. Bad enough your guy lost, then you come on here to escape that, and BLAM, here it is. I get it, been there, and it sucks.
    As for OT, I am fine either way. It is easier to have everything on one page, but now with so many people posting, things drop off the page quickly. No big deal to click on page 2 though. What I like about the OT page is it allows many people to put an OT post that is way off topic that they would most likely not post on here.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Aw,man...please tell me the Forum isn't a nest of Anti- Americans :( I get SO tired of this. Our country shouldn't be made up of 2 warring camps. Whomever is in the White House is our Commander-In-Chief, and deserves respect. Please support your country. A house divided...
  • You responded to my post, but I won't assume you are necessarily saying that anything I posted was anti-American, or disrespectful of the president. If you were, please explain where it was that I went off the rails. If what you are saying is that politics would be better left to political forums you won't get an argument from me.
  • hornhonk
    The latter is what I meant. By Anti-American,
    I guess I got carried away. I'm just tired of Fox Network propaganda. The term "tea bag" set me off. Sorry. I agree, this sickening bilge should be on the OT forum. BTW, I'm using the flat, or classic, or what ever that lets me see the first thru last post. I wasn't directing my rant to you. Again, I'm sorry.
  • No apology neccesary. I figured you weren't responding to me, and if you were you could not legally be held responsible because you aren't in your right mind. :laugh:
    You come on here as the voice of reason, "let's all get along" etc, then you take a swipe at FoxNews. Maybe you have a point, but if you want to see full scale, no holds barred, full blown propaganda, tune into MSNBC. Ed Schultz, who has a show on that network said today (or yesterday)on his radio show "I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I'd try to vote 10 times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right. I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. Cause that's exactly what they are."
    Not exactly Walter Kronkite eh? And Keith Olbermann, well does anything really need to be said?
    After the election in November this was a rough place for some of us. Tonight it is a rough place for others. If the experts are right, this November will be a rough place again for those on the left. Politics on the OT forum, or not on the forum at all, works for me. Unfortunately, once politics does get going on here it is hard for me to resist. The only political thread I ever started was when I posted the pic of Obama staring (or appearing to stare) at an attractive derriere. I was worried that it would inevitably start an ugly political discussion, but it was too good not to post. :woohoo:
  • hornhonk
    I saw that Obama pic and thought it was funny. I brought up Fox for only one reason. The "teabaggers". MSNBC may be slanted, but..in my opinion..Fox has an agenda. And a dangerous one. Enough politics for me, thank you. :whistle: I'd rather be thinking of the OKC Fest. :woohoo:
  • I have to agree with Basscat. I know I've only been here a short, short time, but I come here trying to learn how to cook meat on the BGE. :P :evil: Either that, or do away with the OT forum altogether.

So...anyone want to have an OT discussion on religion or abortion? Fur and animal testing? Whaling anyone? Food safety? ;)
  • SomedayMommy wrote:
    So...anyone want to have an OT discussion on religion or abortion? Fur and animal testing? Whaling anyone? Food safety? ;)

No, but I have some advice for the Vermont secessionists. Been there, done that. It don't work. :(

http://www.vermontrepublic.org/

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• I have never been a proponent of the OT forums, but will make an exception when it comes to politics.

No good ever comes from political discussions on the internet.

I live in Massachusetts (went to high school with Scott Brown)and I can tell you that neither candidate deserved to win. So don't go celebrating yet...
  • Nah, I was just sayin' - politics is such a taboo subject - it's like religion, people are steadfast in their thinking, and nobody's wrong - just different, and the beauty of this country is that we are entitled to those differences. I am so thankful for that. :)

My views on politics, religion, abortion (ok, pro-life - I'll throw a bone), whaling, fur, etc. etc. will remain a secret.
  • Good for you, Stacie. Me too. ;)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Too bad we don't have a delete button - I'm so new here, I should probably just grab popcorn and keep my mouth shut for now. My apologies!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    stood in four different lines to vote last night, what a pain, i think they sabatage my voter registratration every election. after voting i had to ask if it was going to the counting pile or the shredder pile :laugh: i never seem to get the questions right at the mass polls, probably wouldnt have gone but that union deal last week ticked me off, bet it ticked off alot of other voters too as neither cnadidate looked like a good option to me, i still dont know how she could of lost in this state, i dont know the stats but what could there be, maybe 5 percent rep,10 percent independant, the rest dem. the govenor was looking pretty scared last night, deer in the headlight eyes :laugh: i hate politics, especially since i moved to this state
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Fishless,

I heard there are 12% registered Republicans and more than 50% independents in Mass. Interesting stats!
  • fish,

i hear ya...from what i read, this wasn't so much a referendum on the obama presidency as it was a vote on the lousy job that that woman did on running her campaign. ...she just plain screwed the pooch...little things like brown being out there on january first all day in the freezing cold shaking every hand at the winter classic while she was down in DC at a big democratic fundraiser, etc...

so large marge can crow about it being some big republican tilt or something, but it needs to be looked at deeply for what it was, and it wasn't a much...

the mid-terms will mean much more...btw..i don't have a dog in this hunt at all ..
  • Clam
    Clam Posts: 117
    Basscat, why would you read and respond? We all have the ability to ignore any posts or threads we want.